Windows 10: Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install!

Discus and support Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys, on this new Install I downloaded a bogus Chrome Browser. During the install I came to the "Finish" button. I then realized that it was a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FunkMaster, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install!

Hey guys, on this new Install I downloaded a bogus Chrome Browser. During the install I came to the "Finish" button. I then realized that it was a bogus Chrome and chose the Upper Right X-out option. Now I don't know if anything was actually installed? Here is the Link: Google Chrome

I see what VirusTotal says about it so will download MBAM and maybe ESET.
    VirusTotal

Honestly I blame this on Edge and the stupid Bing Search, there are horrible search options there. Is it Okay that I blame this on Edge and Bing LOL. Really it was my stupidity, but still, I have read things about "Bad Bing Searches" I think I will coin that BBS!

I Then looked in these places to try to find it:
    Programs and Features
    Add-ons in Edge and IE

Program Files
    Program Files x86: These two I'm a little unsure of, I don't seem to see anything out of the norm, and most things are dated the same day as this happened because this is a new Install.
    Running a Defender scan now.

Thanks, FM

:)

FunkMaster, Oct 14, 2018

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 14, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install!

Chrome cannot download and install at offline files

Hi,

Based on the information that you've shared, we'd need additional details to determine the cause of your concern.

We'd like to know the following:

• If you're referring to downloading the Google Chrome browser.
    • The browser that you're using to download the software.
    • The error message that you're getting when installing the software.
    • If you've tried a different browser to download and install the software.
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your screen when installing the software.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install!

1. Downloaded Bogus Chrome on New Install! - Similar Threads - Downloaded Bogus Chrome

2. Bogus Popup Ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bogus Popup Ad: All of a sudden, when I try to view TV online, by using the guide from Spectrum TV, I get a porup ad saying that I need to update my securuty software and to click on the “Upgrade Now” button.I do not have any addiional security software installed on my laptop and certainly...
  3. Bogus Update Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bogus Update Screen: I am a repair tech. Does anyone recognize this? I am fairly certain that it is bogus. While it is open, the cursor moves. I've uninstalled any known remote access programs and ran Malwarebytes, Windows Defender offline and Norton Removal Tool. Went through everything in...
  4. New to Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    New to Chrome: Hi all 1. Is there a way to have the favorites in a menu like IE? 2. Is there a way to set the homepage to be blank? Instead of google, or where I left off before. Thanks In advance. 168558
  5. DOWNLOADING CHROME

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOADING CHROME: Why does it take a whole DAY to install Goggle Chrome after downloading the relatively small file in just a few minutes at most? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-chrome/9b721ad8-9fca-4177-84ca-26958a775889
  6. Bogus "Program" in Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bogus "Program" in Startup: Hello, I've noticed a suspicious program labeled just "Program" in the Windows 10 Startup menu with no extension or description whatsoever. Does anyone know if it's safe to remove it, and how to remove it? Thanks. 150709
  7. downloading chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    downloading chrome: I would VERY much like to download Chrome an Firefox and do not understand why the "S" mode is preventing everything. I have MANY things in google/Chrome and this is going to cause unfathomable problems...
  8. Bogus Pop-up!

Bogus Pop-up!: Hi All, Has anybody seen this pop-up lately? It appeared on my computer while I was routinely surfing one of my favorite news websites. MS needs to hammer these CREEPS and they should do so with extreme prejudice! [IMG]...
  9. Bogus message or valid?

Bogus message or valid?: Do I need to renew Microsoft Office? Subject:Reminder To Renew Your Office !! From:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** To:*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Date:Saturday, July 7, 2018, 9:41:51 AM PDT [IMG] Dear Sir/Ma'am Renew your Microsoft Office...
  10. I downloaded a New Google Chrome Browser today

in Browsers and Email
    I downloaded a New Google Chrome Browser today: ..and my TenForums TUTORIALs are visible again. I am able to see them and all may be normal again... still checking and thanks for all your previous comments. all be safe. 24556