Windows 10: downloaded csv files won't open in excel

Discus and support downloaded csv files won't open in excel in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why are downloaded csv files not opening in Microsoft Excel?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianeTrotter, Feb 1, 2020.

1. downloaded csv files won't open in excel

Why are downloaded csv files not opening in Microsoft Excel?

:)

DianeTrotter, Feb 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

downloaded csv files won't open in excel [​IMG]

- this list:

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

On a Windows 7 system that had Office 2007 installed and was then upgraded to Windows 10 it appears here...

and here...

but is not listed in Settings > System > Default apps > Set defaults by app

Bree, Feb 1, 2020
  4. chipwood Win User

downloaded csv files won't open in excel

For a long time I have kept detailed records from my phone provider personal analysis to ensure being on the correct package Throughout the csv files from the company downloaded have opened by default in Excel 2007 Home and Student, but suddenly they open in Notepad. I do not recall making a change,

I am confused how to change the default, as I am unable to find Excel in the list of applications, even though it's installed.
    FWIW alongside Excel is the File Valuation AddIn in case that may be somehow relevant.

Can someone, please help?

chipwood, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

downloaded csv files won't open in excel

1. downloaded csv files won't open in excel - Similar Threads - downloaded csv files

2. default setting to correctly open a csv file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    default setting to correctly open a csv file: Hi there,I'm trying to open a csv file in excel, but the columns are messed up, and I cannot fix it so there is a clear overview of data for every specific column.I have tried to select a column and not selecting at all; went to data and then text to with comma, but nothing...
  3. default setting to correctly open a csv file

in Windows 10 Customization
    default setting to correctly open a csv file: Hi there,I'm trying to open a csv file in excel, but the columns are messed up, and I cannot fix it so there is a clear overview of data for every specific column.I have tried to select a column and not selecting at all; went to data and then text to with comma, but nothing...
  4. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  5. Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system

Files won't open in Excel, Word, Adobe or in File system: I upgraded a few months ago to Windows 11. I have a 1 year old laptop with Office 2019. I work from home and same my files on external drives and on One Drive or DropBox depending upon the work. Since installing Windows 11, I keep having files that I save and close but when I...
  6. Unable to See tamil font in .CSV file by Microsoft excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to See tamil font in .CSV file by Microsoft excel: Sir/Mam,I am using Microsoft office 365 in my windows 10. I am unable to see tamil language text in CSV file. I tried installing tamil fonts and failed to see tamil text. the above is screenshot. Any guidance is appreciated.Thanks and Regards,S. Sathish Kumar...
  7. Unable to See tamil font in .CSV file by Microsoft excel

Unable to See tamil font in .CSV file by Microsoft excel: Sir/Mam,I am using Microsoft office 365 in my windows 10. I am unable to see tamil language text in CSV file. I tried installing tamil fonts and failed to see tamil text. the above is screenshot. Any guidance is appreciated.Thanks and Regards,S. Sathish Kumar...
  8. Excel file will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file will not open: Hi, I tried to save me excel file but it seems it was saved in another format and now I can't open it in excel. When I try to open it, a window pops up saying "how do you want to open this file?". Excel is not one of the options...
  9. Changing default app for opening a csv file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default app for opening a csv file: I cannot set excel as the default app to open csv files. I have gone through the process of trying to change the default in windows 10. The only options are notepad, wordpad or word. I have tried looking on microsoft 365 website for other apps and have failed to solve this...
  10. CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!: For a long time I have kept detailed records from my phone provider personal analysis to ensure being on the correct package Throughout the csv files from the company downloaded have opened by default in Excel 2007 Home and Student, but suddenly they open in Notepad. I do not...