Windows 10: Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

Discus and support Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jkpublic Win User

Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads.

I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?

I've tried to download using both Firefox and Edge, no difference.

Thanks,
    ray

:)

jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015

2. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

hi .. i hav found one trick by which we can hide all photos and videos/mp3 from gallery.

m using this ith my nokia c3 . very nice privacy trick.

Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS

rockpop989, Aug 19, 2015
  3. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

S40 WHAT AN OUTDATED VERSION OF SOFTWARE NOKIA X2 IS HAVING...Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" :(

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" :(

sharanukumar, Aug 19, 2015
  4. jkpublic Win User

jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" - Similar Threads - Downloaded files won't

2. .exe Files Won't Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe Files Won't Open: Whenever I try to open a .exe file (eg. a game or installer application) Windows will show an error message and will be unable to access the file. I tried using .reg files from trusted sites to fix any problems with the registry but .reg files will also display an error...
  3. Opening downloaded files

Opening downloaded files: I downloaded all files from my computer onto a thumb drive, but I cannot open it unless I purchase a program from SearchandRecover, a division of iolo technologies. Do I have to spend $10 to open my own file? If not, how do I open it?...
  4. Files won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files won't open: I upgraded from windows 8 to 10 last night. I couldn't open any of my files. I researched and did a few things last night and it worked. Now it's not working again and I need to access for school....HELP PLEASE...
  5. file won't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file won't open: A file is use won't open... it says 'open by another user'.. I think it didn't close or save properly. I need to save this file. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-wont-open/abc50bc9-da5c-47d6-bbdc-7d45b324045c"
  6. Jar files won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Jar files won't open.: I cannot for the life of me get ANY executable jar file to run, it opens, flashes, and closes if anything. I have tried updating and making sure I have the correct version of java. (Im currently running windows 10 64bit). I have tried going into the command prompt...
  7. JPG files won't open

JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  8. Windows 10 - suffers weekly from file Corruption, (Search won't open)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - suffers weekly from file Corruption, (Search won't open): Windows 10 x64 LENOVO_MT_20E2_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad W550s Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB All drivers and Bios up to date. All hardware passed testing. Macrium Reflect Home...
  9. Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?

in Browsers and Email
    Downloading files using Edge, folder won't auto open?: Hello, Trying to rely on using Edge over IE. Small things like this are annoying me: Download a file and then I click on the section to 'open folder'. The Downloads folder opens, but just stays at the bottom, it doesn't pop up. The file I just downloaded is...
  10. OCX Files won't download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OCX Files won't download: I am trying to assist a colleague, who has a PC with a 64 bit, Windows 10 O/S, getting a program to run. I should explain that the program was copied onto a disk from my PC and loaded onto the colleague's PC from the disk. On the colleague's PC the parts of the program...