Windows 10: Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

Discus and support Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015.

1. jkpublic Win User

Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt"

I've received 5 files from 5 sources, both Excel and Word. Every time I try to open one I get an error message "File is corrupt and can't be opened." I can work on my own files, but not downloads.

I tried the Windows 10 "workarounds" but these didn't help. Any suggestions?

I've tried to download using both Firefox and Edge, no difference.

Thanks,
    ray

:)

jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015

2. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

hi .. i hav found one trick by which we can hide all photos and videos/mp3 from gallery.

m using this ith my nokia c3 . very nice privacy trick.

Best Way To Hide Files Folders in Nokia s40 Symbian OS

rockpop989, Aug 19, 2015
  3. " NOKIA X2 " How to Hide Files (Photos/Videos) from Gallery view..??

S40 WHAT AN OUTDATED VERSION OF SOFTWARE NOKIA X2 IS HAVING...Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" :(

VERY VERY DISAPOINTED Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" :(

sharanukumar, Aug 19, 2015
  4. jkpublic Win User

jkpublic, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Downloaded files won't open - "Corrupt" - Similar Threads - Downloaded files won't

2. Unable to open corrupt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open corrupt file: Hi, 1 have removed an account from my pc, but I clicked option to keep my folders, but it didn't keep the 3D Objects folder, so l've lost all the content. I've already tried some 3rd party softwares such as DiskDrill and Recuva. Although I have the lost files, I can't open...
  3. Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...: Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the problems but get an error message irsetup: invalid start mode archive filename. How do I fix this? Cannot take a screenshot either....
  4. Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...: Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the problems but get an error message irsetup: invalid start mode archive filename. How do I fix this? Cannot take a screenshot either....
  5. Setting won't open and Troubleshooter won't open. I downloaded a file to repair the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  7. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloaded files won't open after updating.: My computer prompted me to restart and install updates, so I did. Now I cannot get downloaded files to open either from Firefox, or the Downloads file on file explorer. I've tried running a command prompt, sfc/scannow and that hasn't helped. Is there anything else I can do?...
  8. Downloaded files won't open after updating.

9. Netflix Downloads Corrupt, won't play.

Netflix Downloads Corrupt, won't play.: Hi Everyone, I have a pain in the butt first world problem I could use help with and can't fine any posts. I have a dell tablet running windows 10 pro. I have a Netflix app downloaded so I can done load videos of the tablet and watch them later. Every few weeks the entire...
  10. downloaded csv files won't open in excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloaded csv files won't open in excel: Why are downloaded csv files not opening in Microsoft Excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-csv-files-wont-open-in-excel/1de4de67-952f-4519-b347-d12828db8d4a"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my computer says all my email downloads are corrupt and I cant open them