Windows 10: downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors

Discus and support downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded major updates. Now lost background picture and all icon colors. personalization doesn't work. What can I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolSpahn, Nov 11, 2020.

1. downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors

I downloaded major updates. Now lost background picture and all icon colors. personalization doesn't work.

What can I do?

:)

CarolSpahn, Nov 11, 2020

2. Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors

Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors

1. downloaded major updates. now lost background picture and Icon colors - Similar Threads - downloaded major updates

2. Icon label background color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon label background color: Hello, I am trying to make my computer look like an older version of Windows but I can't find any information online on how to change the icon label background color. Does anyone know how to do this?...
  3. Icon label background color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon label background color: Hello, I am trying to make my computer look like an older version of Windows but I can't find any information online on how to change the icon label background color. Does anyone know how to do this?...
  4. Windows major updates downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows major updates downloads: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context : I'm part of a company that has a normal network with a WSUS server and so on, but also a different network, not managed by...
  5. Windows major updates downloads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows major updates downloads: Hello everyone,I'm facing an issue that I have some difficulties to solve. I've been searching around but can't see any answer.So here is the context : I'm part of a company that has a normal network with a WSUS server and so on, but also a different network, not managed by...
  6. lost pictures of icons on my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost pictures of icons on my taskbar: Hi, I'm user of Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted small pictures of my icons on taskbar. I don't know how to return them, so, can anybody help me? Thanks...
  7. Desktop Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon Background Color: OS: Windows 10 Pro Version: 20H2 Just recently I noticed some desktop icons have a blue background (see pic below) when, before, they were transparent. They didn't have this until today. Does anyone know how I can revert back to desktop icons with transparent backgrounds?...
  8. Folder Icon Background Color

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icon Background Color: Hello there, I was wondering, is there an option in Windows 10 to change the background color of the folder icons? I searched but couldn't find anything on this topic. Thank you in advance!...
  9. BACKGROUND COLOR ON PREVIEW DISPLAY OF PICTURES FILE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BACKGROUND COLOR ON PREVIEW DISPLAY OF PICTURES FILE: hI. my preview pane, displaying folders in a picture file, has a background color of black. used to be white until update. how do I get it back to white again, so I can see black borders on my pictures?...
  10. Desktop background picture changes to solid color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background picture changes to solid color: When I right click on one of my own photos and ask to have it set as my desktop background the choice changes from picture to solid color instead of showing my photo... I've tried most everything to no avail.....