Windows 10: Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

Discus and support Downloaded photos are considered Type: File in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BryleGalindo, May 27, 2022.

1. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help!

:)

BryleGalindo, May 27, 2022
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

Downloaded photos are considered Type: File [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, May 27, 2022
  4. iko22 Win User

Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, May 27, 2022
Thema:

Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

1. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File - Similar Threads - Downloaded photos are

2. How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I tell windows that a File Type should consider some properties: A file type .insp which is an image will not display image properties as in File / Properties unless renamed to .jpg. How can I tell windows that this type of files have properties such as with, resolution, comments. If I rename a file to jpg, then add a comment, it shows in...
  3. Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads: Hello - I need a CSV file to upload to a platform that only takes CSV files. Not Microsoft Excel CSV files. CSV.I know the difference between Excel and CSV.I know how to Save As. And export. And change the filename. And add a file extension.The problem is that whenever I do...
  4. Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect labeling of file types in downloads: Hello - I need a CSV file to upload to a platform that only takes CSV files. Not Microsoft Excel CSV files. CSV.I know the difference between Excel and CSV.I know how to Save As. And export. And change the filename. And add a file extension.The problem is that whenever I do...
  5. File Manager does not consider all files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager does not consider all files: File Manager does not consider all files & folders while calculating the size Right click --> Properties. When I checked further, found that files & folders without Read access are excluded from the calculation. Which other types of files & folders are excluded? Please...
  6. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

Downloaded photos are considered Type: File: When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-photos-are-considered-type-file/345ee17a-8c74-452a-b076-5af3eee2996a
  7. Downloaded photos are considered Type: File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded photos are considered Type: File: When I download pictures, they are automatically converted and downloaded as File instead of a readable picture format. Thank you for any help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-photos-are-considered-type-file/345ee17a-8c74-452a-b076-5af3eee2996a
  8. Downloads and Desktop files merged and the Desktop are considered a system file

Downloads and Desktop files merged and the Desktop are considered a system file: Please help meI was moving files but ended up having my Desktop and Downloads library mergedThe Desktop became a library files and when i open the Downloads library instead of the downloads files, it shows the Desktop filesI tried Restore Default in Location tab but it ended...
  9. Files downloading as the wrong type of file.

Files downloading as the wrong type of file.: I am trying to download .rar files they are mods for a game, The Sims to be specific and when they download, they become photoshop files. I cannot open them in photoshop either, and I want them to stop downloading as photoshop files. They're still .rar files technically, but...
  10. Are background 'apps' downloads considered an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are background 'apps' downloads considered an update?: The CBS log displays that a download has taken place in the background referencing the various apps. By coincidence or plan this desktop shut down instantly at the time that apps download action ended. At restart the apps download started again. The log included a record of...