Windows 10: Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10

Discus and support Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi As the title says, i downloaded windows 10 pro when i hould have downloaded windows 10 home, and when i try to install the proper version using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by clementevalenzuela, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10

Hi

As the title says, i downloaded windows 10 pro when i hould have downloaded windows 10 home, and when i try to install the proper version using the media creation tool, i don't get the option to choose which windows 10 version i want.

Thanks for the help!

:)

clementevalenzuela, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10 partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10

1. Downloaded the wrong version of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Downloaded wrong version

2. Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 activation, wrong version downloaded: New Dell XPS13 2in1 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I used the Upgrade Your Edition link in Setting/System/About to install Windows 10 Pro. Link took me to Microsoft Store and charged me, as expected, for upgrade. Wheels spun for a bit and I restarted. Now I see Windows...
  3. Wrong version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong version of windows 10: I just purchased windows 10 pro from the Microsoft store. I received my product key by email and the link to install windows 10 Pro. After installation was complete, my computer shows that windows 10 Home edition was installed. My receipt from Microsoft even shows that i...
  4. Downloaded wrong version of game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded wrong version of game: I’ve paid for Minecraft for Windows 10 and realised it’s the wrong version and should have paid for the Java eddition. Does anyone know if l could swap over to Java without having to pay again? Thanks...
  5. Windows 10 wrong version

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 wrong version: I had upgraded my windows 8 to windows 10 beta when that was available. Windows 10 works fine but my problem is when I installed windows 10 it installed 32 bit. My PC is a 64 bit machine. How can i correct my windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit? Is there a way to upgrade to 64 bit...
  6. wrong Windows 10 version

wrong Windows 10 version: I just bought a Dell pc that came with Windows 10 pro, when I activated the IS it activated as Windows 10 core. How can I get the OS I paid for when buying the pc?...
  7. downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher

downloaded wrong version of microsoft publisher: I downloaded microsoft publisher for PC instead of mac. Been on hold for 20 mins https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloaded-wrong-version-of-microsoft-publisher/b280eb36-8afc-4117-a024-b05e9b71e70c
  8. Wrong Windows 10 Version?

Wrong Windows 10 Version?: My father-in-law upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise but he is getting a Windows Activation error with the wrong product key. I'm guessing he had a Windows Home version but somehow upgraded to Enterprise. How can I get him back to Windows 10 Home? He no longer has his product...
  9. wrong version downloaded can not activate

wrong version downloaded can not activate: I am very unhappy with the support I did not receive. I purchase an upgrade to windows 10 pro and received Windows 10 enterprise, through no fault of my own. I did not receive a product key with my order and my computer is no ACTIVATED. After 2 support |conversation and...
  10. Wrong version of Windows 10

Wrong version of Windows 10: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 build 10.130 Pro. I should have installed another version, I am upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium Dutch. I would like the stay at Dutch. At this moment it seems impossible to activate my Windows 10/ I presume because I have made wrong...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloaded wrong version of windows 10