Windows 10: downloaded upgrade to external memory

Discus and support downloaded upgrade to external memory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Windows 10 onto a tablet. I did not have enough space on my tablet's hard drive to save the upgrade file, so Windows prompted me to save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jtwil2191, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Jtwil2191 Win User

downloaded upgrade to external memory

I downloaded Windows 10 onto a tablet. I did not have enough space on my tablet's hard drive to save the upgrade file, so Windows prompted me to save the file elsewhere. I saved the download to a microSD card. I've since upgraded to Windows 10, and I am wondering if these folders on my microSD card (and their contents) are important or can be deleted.

$WINDOWS.~TMp
    WUDownloadCache

Thanks in advance.

:)

Jtwil2191, Sep 5, 2015
  2. Effeskay Win User

Upgrade to Win 10: What if my computer does not have enough disk space

I have reserved my Win 10 upgrade but I am running low on disk space. I have external memory (flash drive and external disk). How can I manage my downloads?

Effeskay, Sep 5, 2015
  3. Hazel90 Win User
    Windows 10 won't update - not enough memory

Can I use an external hard drive to complete the upgrade? I have a laptop with a tiny memory and plug in an external hard drive with plenty of memory but it doesn't give me the option to use this as the memory source for the upgrade.

Help please!

Hazel90, Sep 5, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Hi and welcome to the forum! *Smile

I have not actually heard the names of these folders, but from reading I think the ~TMp folder only contains temporary stuff. I would think that maybe you can already remove it now without having any negative consequences. Basically I would think the same for that download folder: If it's only a cache, it should be rebuilt if needed (and I think that won't even be the case).

However, after your install finished, I think that for normally running Windows 10, you should not need the stuff on the MicroSD card at all.

If you are satisfied with Windows 10, if you do not want to go back to your previous version of Windows and if disc space is an issue for you, then you can additionally do the following: You can use the Disc Cleanup Utility, click the button for removing system files and then have Windows remove upgrade files, which it left on your harddisk. This will additionally save you several gigabytes of space.

Joergi, Sep 5, 2015
  5. Jtwil2191 Win User
    Thanks!

Jtwil2191, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. downloaded upgrade to external memory - Similar Threads - downloaded upgrade external

2. Memory upgrade - worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Memory upgrade - worth it?: I’ve a Dell Latitude 5490 with 8GB of RAM. This has an Intel HD Graphics 620 integrated graphics card which uses the main RAM for it’s memory. The 8GB is using one of the 2 DDR4 2400 slots. I’m running this on two displays - a 4K monitor and the built-in Full HD LCD display....
  3. Stupid memory upgrade question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stupid memory upgrade question: Well folks I would rather ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.....I currently have two memory bays total, and have 6 gigs in each slot for a total of 12 gigs, I checked in command prompt to see what I can upgrade to and here is what I got- [img] Now the stupid...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade to 1909 cant find external memory card: Why cant the upgrade for Windows 10 to 1909 find the external memory card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-to-1909-cant-find-external/f5825b77-50dd-4efc-9f6d-c35ee48ba282
  5. Crashing after memory upgrade?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing after memory upgrade?: I recently upgraded my old laptop memory from 4 GB to 8 GB, replacing two dual 2 GBs with two dual 4 GBs. The computer runs a lot better now, but it's been giving me a BSOD every so often. I installed WinDbg Preview and loaded the most recent dmp file. It seems to suggest...
  6. Ddr4 memory upgrade how?

Ddr4 memory upgrade how?: Hello currently i only have 8gb ddr4 memory and want to upgrade to 16. Do I have to buy 8gb of memory the same as the already installed one (same manufacturer etc) or is there another main thing ddr4 ??? Ddr4 arbeitsspeicher afrüsten wie?
  7. Using external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using external memory: I am sure my condition is not weird, but seems so to me! My tablet has 118 GB of memory and I have used it all. Yes, I have done all of the purging that is suggested. I have pluged in a 500GB external disk to offload some of the items I don't use on a regular basis. The...
  8. Sync pc files to external memory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync pc files to external memory: I have W10 running. wanted to sync specific files/folders to the external SD memory card installed in the computer SD slot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-pc-files-to-external-memory/6a7ab7c6-222a-4038-a400-7df5afd30df0"
  9. Will a memory upgrade help ?

Will a memory upgrade help ?: Original system shipped with: Installed Memory8GB (4GB x 2) Max. Memory 16GB Memory Type/SpeedDDR3/1600MHz And I upgraded to : CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Laptop Memory Upgrade Kit Model CMSX16GX3M2A1600C10 - Newegg.com...
  10. upgrading memory

upgrading memory: Good Day All Just curious if it is possible to upgrade the memory on my laptop on this Satellite S55-C5360 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz (not user upgradeable) the part i want to upgrade is the qty 8 to 16 plus the MHz it say's 1600MHz but can this part be raised ? and would...