Windows 10: Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

Discus and support Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button' later when i wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mpooley, Sep 12, 2020 at 5:32 PM.

1. mpooley Win User

Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button'

later when i wanted to connect via the network it asked for my credentials.
    I entered my outlook/microsoft credentials and password but it keeps saying the password is not correct.
    But I know it is ??
    any ideas what I'm missing.

Thanks

Mike

:)

2. mpooley Win User

When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button'

later when i wanted to connect via the network it asked for my credentials.
    I entered my outlook/microsoft credentials and password but it keeps saying the password is not correct.
    But I know it is ??
    any ideas what I'm missing.

Thanks

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Solved it! it just wanted a blank password!

3. daisyraj Win User
    Unable to download Win 10 dev environment (parallels)

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually using a Mac, hence downloading the Parallels image. And I gave up on this and have created a windows 10 environment from scratch instead.

To answer some of your questions - no antivirus installed, was using wireless and don't have a cable - perhaps that might have been the issue. No error message, just the download would lose connection always at about the 10.5GB mark and fail. Tried different
    browsers, and 2 download managers, but was never able to resume the download, always had to start again.

Anyway, I don't need this anymore as I downloaded a normal windows 10 install instead, but thanks for responding.

4. Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

Thema:

1. Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net - Similar Threads - Downloaded dev environment

2. Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download anything from any browser on Win 10: I just noticed this yesterday. I tried saving an image from a website on google chrome and nothing happened. I've tried downloading files from other websites and had the same result on Chrome. I switched over to microsoft edge and had the same result. I then tried internet...
  3. Can't Download apps from the net

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Download apps from the net: There is no admin on my pc and i need to download apps, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-the-net/104b799c-abcf-48d9-bb8d-eb777ec41629
  4. .Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .Net Framework 3.5 replaced by .Net environment in Windows Features By Recent Update: By a recent windows update in Windows feature Net Framework 3.5 got replaced by .Net environment. Now I am not able to start applications like powershell, docker desktop etc. which relies on .NET. Here is the New Windows Feature screen. Here you can find the Old Windows...
  5. Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching quickly between hobbies/work environments: Hi! I am really not sure where to post this, but this seemed ok: I am noticing that I am constantly switching between working on different things (hobby, work, graphic design, investing) and changing my way of working takes quite some time. My question is; is it possible to...
  6. resume win 10 setup

resume win 10 setup: dear Microsoft I wanted to update my win 10 home version 1809 to 1903. I download media creation tool 1903 from microsft and started to download the required file. after download completed, it was ready to install but a message " WE DONT SURE THAT YOUR PC HAS ENOUGH SPACE...
  7. Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v: Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows 10 developer environment. My question is the environment only available for a limited period of time? The only relevant...
  8. Can't download anything in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Can't download anything in win 10: I cannot download anything with edge. Also, IE will appear to open and search for website, but it stops( indicating it is AT yahoo) but the screen is blank white. 12360
  9. Can't Connect from Win 8 Laptop to Win 10 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Connect from Win 8 Laptop to Win 10 PC: Hi . I have to devices at home - a laptop running Win 8 and a PC (with a local printer) that used to run Win 7 but which I recently upgraded to Win 10. I used to be able to connect my laptop to the PC to access the shared printer and files in a shared directory. Since I...
  10. Fixed: Windows 10 can't connect to the Internet. Stuck in Setup

Fixed: Windows 10 can't connect to the Internet. Stuck in Setup: Hello there! I am in desperate need of help in solving my rather unique problem: My beloved MSI GP 2PE Leopard (Intel i7, 16GB RAM) is stuck in Windows 10 setup due to the fact that it cannot connect to my router. Upon turning on my PC, a page comes up that tells me to...