Windows 10: Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

Discus and support Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button' later when i wanted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mpooley, Sep 12, 2020.

1. mpooley Win User

Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button'

later when i wanted to connect via the network it asked for my credentials.
    I entered my outlook/microsoft credentials and password but it keeps saying the password is not correct.
    But I know it is ??
    any ideas what I'm missing.

Thanks

Mike

:)

mpooley, Sep 12, 2020
  2. mpooley Win User

When I installed the new win 10 dev environment quick setup VM it didn't ask for a login password there was just a 'Start button'

later when i wanted to connect via the network it asked for my credentials.
    I entered my outlook/microsoft credentials and password but it keeps saying the password is not correct.
    But I know it is ??
    any ideas what I'm missing.

Thanks

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Solved it! it just wanted a blank password!

mpooley, Sep 12, 2020
  3. daisyraj Win User
    Unable to download Win 10 dev environment (parallels)

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually using a Mac, hence downloading the Parallels image. And I gave up on this and have created a windows 10 environment from scratch instead.

To answer some of your questions - no antivirus installed, was using wireless and don't have a cable - perhaps that might have been the issue. No error message, just the download would lose connection always at about the 10.5GB mark and fail. Tried different
    browsers, and 2 download managers, but was never able to resume the download, always had to start again.

Anyway, I don't need this anymore as I downloaded a normal windows 10 install instead, but thanks for responding.

daisyraj, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net

Marivel Man, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloaded win 10 dev environment quick setup - can't connect from Net - Similar Threads - Downloaded dev environment

2. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?: Hey, how can I get the Windows 10 dev environment to use in Hyper-V? It is gone from the list and replaced by Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-dev-environment-is-gone-from/bb73ddb6-02d7-424b-a799-83eda4c762ea
  3. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?: Hey, how can I get the Windows 10 dev environment to use in Hyper-V? It is gone from the list and replaced by Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-windows-10-dev-environment-is-gone-from/bb73ddb6-02d7-424b-a799-83eda4c762ea
  4. Hyper-V: Windows 10 dev environment is gone from the list?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Securing Ports in a Dev Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Securing Ports in a Dev Environment: Hello all,I am preparing a development environment on my local machine in order to gain experience with the development lifecycle as part of my college studies. My question: what steps do I take to ensure that the ports I select for this environment cannot be accessed by...
  6. Securing Ports in a Dev Environment

Securing Ports in a Dev Environment: Hello all,I am preparing a development environment on my local machine in order to gain experience with the development lifecycle as part of my college studies. My question: what steps do I take to ensure that the ports I select for this environment cannot be accessed by...
  7. can't connect net

can't connect net: I'm having trouble with my PC, Its really slow so I restarted it. However, the moment I use it again, it won't even connect to the network anymore. I don't know why it's happening but I'm sure I have connection....
  8. can't connect net

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't connect net: I'm having trouble with my PC, Its really slow so I restarted it. However, the moment I use it again, it won't even connect to the network anymore. I don't know why it's happening but I'm sure I have connection....
  9. Can't Download apps from the net

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Download apps from the net: There is no admin on my pc and i need to download apps, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-apps-from-the-net/104b799c-abcf-48d9-bb8d-eb777ec41629
  10. Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 dev environment on Hyper-v: Hi, I am trying to install Windows 10 developer environment on virtual machine using Hyper-v quick create tool. As the tool already offers the Windows 10 developer environment. My question is the environment only available for a limited period of time? The only relevant...