Windows 10: Downloaded Win10 Pro usb stick won't install on wiped SDD

Discus and support Downloaded Win10 Pro usb stick won't install on wiped SDD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft, had a friend with a new Win10 computer make a bootable usb on his machine, but the stick won't install on wiped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hapibeli, Jul 8, 2021.

1. hapibeli Win User

Downloaded Win10 Pro usb stick won't install on wiped SDD

I downloaded Win10 Pro from Microsoft, had a friend with a new Win10 computer make a bootable usb on his machine, but the stick won't install on wiped SDD. This is a clean install on an sdd that had Linux Fedora 34 on it, but I wiped it with Darik's D-ban, so it is clean. I ran all of the Lenovo diagnostics, and all passed. The downloaded .iso is Win 10_21H1_English_X64.iso

:)

hapibeli, Jul 8, 2021
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jul 8, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 8, 2021
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Downloaded Win10 Pro usb stick won't install on wiped SDD [​IMG]

tamo, Jul 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Downloaded Win10 Pro usb stick won't install on wiped SDD - Similar Threads - Downloaded Win10 Pro

2. create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations: How can I create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations...?Using Rufus How to do the same, but this time bypassing the W11 restrictions?Windows 11 Pro for Workstations released date is...?...
  3. create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations: How can I create an installation USB Stick with Windows 11 Pro for Workstations...?Using Rufus How to do the same, but this time bypassing the W11 restrictions?Windows 11 Pro for Workstations released date is...?...
  4. Transferring SDD with win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring SDD with win10: My NUC8i7 had a hardware problem. Replaced it with NUC10i7. while powering up with the same SDD and memory transffered from the old one, the system request a recovery key. I do not own such a key. Did not find any BitLocker key in my account. Thae operating system was...
  5. New installation of Windows Pro for Workstations on new SDD from USB stick: Product key...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New installation of Windows Pro for Workstations on new SDD from USB stick: Product key...: I just purchased a new license for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. As instructed, I ran the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB stick with the setup program. I am booting from the USB stick and installing onto a brand new drive. The other drives in the computer...
  6. Using Rufus 3.7 to install Win 10 Pro USB stick fails, ruins stick(?)

Using Rufus 3.7 to install Win 10 Pro USB stick fails, ruins stick(?): Rufus 3.7 seems to have made a Windows installation "spanning" my USB stick and a Windows 10 folder/drive/volume on my HDD. This has rendered my USB stick useless. Plus, it needs formatting, says Win 10, but its size is reported as 128MegaB, not 32GigaB). I had screenshots...
  7. windows 10 pro 64 install on sdd

windows 10 pro 64 install on sdd: I am installing a new sdd hardrive onto my dell latitude 5480. I know it is not initialized will windows 10 automaticaly install drivers and signature in to new hardrive??...
  8. Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive

Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive: My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec 2016 I suspect she can...
  9. Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick

Installing Windows 10 Pro from USB Stick: Hi, So, I can't find anything online about this, and I hope someone here can help! I'm building my own PC from scratch, and I want to install Windows 10 Pro, I bought the key and everything seemed OK. When I installed the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft...
  10. Installing Win10 Pro from USB

Installing Win10 Pro from USB: Hi Have another issue with upgrading OS on new laptop that has Win10 Home. I am going to double check that I have indeed burned the correct iso but I think I have. The laptop goes through the install routine from the USB but still shows windows home as activated rather...