Windows 10: Downloaded wrong game

Discus and support Downloaded wrong game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I basically bought minecraft windows 10 thinking it was the same as java but better cause I've never done this before but I realised my mistake and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TassieChild, May 5, 2020.

1. Downloaded wrong game

I basically bought minecraft windows 10 thinking it was the same as java but better cause I've never done this before but I realised my mistake and tried to refund it but it won't let me? I am really confused and really wanted to play with friends but can't and no matter who i go to for help they give me the same link that doesn't work for me. can someone help?

:)

TassieChild, May 5, 2020

2. Downloading games

Hi,

Install game in Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the game I compatibility mode and check: Follow these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists

Hope it helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, May 5, 2020
  3. i just downloaded a game and it will open and shut automatically

Hi john,

For a better clarity on the issue, please answer the below questions;

• Please specify the game you are having issue with?
    • Are you getting any error messages while opening the game?
    • Also, did you download the game from windows Store?
    For workaround, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop.
    • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, May 5, 2020
  4. Downloaded wrong game

Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Downloaded wrong game

1. Downloaded wrong game - Similar Threads - Downloaded wrong game

2. Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Downloading with the Wrong Extension: Whenever I download .zip files, they get saved as .bbz that is the extension that goes with the BrailleBlaster program I use for Braille transcription. It's not a huge issue because I can just change the extension in the downloads folder, and it works fine, but it's annoying...
  3. Wrong Game Purchased

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong Game Purchased: I recently bought the game Ori and the Blind Forest as a digital download code from best buy with the intent of playing it on my PC. I had looked it up and it was listed as a Windows game, but when I tried to redeem the code it gave me the Xbox version, which I cannot play....
  4. Something Wrong With Windows Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something Wrong With Windows Download: I decided to download Windows 10 on my iMac and I followed every step. I turned it off for a bit and when I turned it on again, it said "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK"...
  5. Game downloads into wrong file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game downloads into wrong file: I'm trying to download a game off xboxapp on the pc, I hit the button to download it into D drive, but it still downloads it into C drive. I even have my apps set to download into D drive, any fixes? submitted by /u/GoTtHeLuMbAgO [link] [comments]...
  6. Downloaded wrong version of game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloaded wrong version of game: I’ve paid for Minecraft for Windows 10 and realised it’s the wrong version and should have paid for the Java eddition. Does anyone know if l could swap over to Java without having to pay again? Thanks...
  7. Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I get a refund for downloading wrong version of game: is it possible to get a refund after downloading the wrong version of a game minecraft? Bought it online from the microsoft store but it is not showing anywhere on order history....
  8. Downloading the wrong windows 10

Downloading the wrong windows 10: I keep trying to install windows 10 (home) but it keeps saying I selected education when I haven't even choose which one to download. any know how to fix it?...
  9. wrong program used for downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wrong program used for downloads: down loaded some programs and accidently Adobe was chosen, tried fixing in registry but would not work, so cant download any files on this PC that need to be opened, and if you select the program to open file it wont work!...
  10. wrong download setting

wrong download setting: My pc id registered as 1703 but the newest downloads are 1803 and do not install https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/wrong-download-setting/5024aa28-ba54-40f0-a9dc-ff3bc7e14497