Windows 10: Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size

Discus and support Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Tried download sea of thieves after getting my game pass and its download has gone up to 80 gb when its only 34 gb, tried almost everything, talked to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ssdd3, Mar 22, 2019.

1. ssdd3 Win User

Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size

Tried download sea of thieves after getting my game pass and its download has gone up to 80 gb when its only 34 gb, tried almost everything, talked to 2 support agents logged in and out of my account and reset the store and even uninstalled the store and reinstalled and its all in vain as nothing is working. Would really appreciate help

:)

ssdd3, Mar 22, 2019

2. Microsoft Download Center Updates

Quite a few new downloads popped up today on the Microsoft Download Center. Here's a list:
    * Windows Media Center Software Development Kit
    * Windows CE 5.0 Networked Media Device Feature Pack Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for SharePoint 10.x Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Server Network Load Balancing Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Identity Integration Server 2003 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Monthly Update (July 2007)
    * Microsoft Forefront Server Security for Exchange 10.0 Management Pack for Operations Manager 2007
    * Windows CE .NET 4.2 Platform Builder Monthly Update (July 2007)

MS Download Center

HellasVagabond, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Moose Win User
    Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size

can't download games from store

Hi Krishna,

You might be experiencing this issue because of a connectivity issue or the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted. In order to diagnose the problem, we suggest that you try the following methods:

Method 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent apps and games from downloading and installing correctly. To run the troubleshooter, kindly refer to the following article:

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: Manually reset the Windows Store app cache then try to download games again. To manually reset, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt, and right-click Command Prompt
      from the results.
    • Click Run as administrator.
    • Type wsreset, and press Enter.

We also recommend that you download and install any pending updates that need to be installed on the computer through

Windows Update
    and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, kindly send us a reply with the following information so we can further pinpoint the cause of this issue:

• Do you only experience this issue when downloading a specific game from Microsoft Store? If yes, what is the name of the specific game you are trying to download?
    • Have you tried downloading the game by accessing
      Microsoft Store using your web browser
      ?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Downloading a game on microsoft store and its downloading way past its download size - Similar Threads - Downloading game microsoft

2. Roblox won't download on its Microsoft Store version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox won't download on its Microsoft Store version: Just uninstalled Roblox from my computer. However, when I tried to download it via Microsoft Store, it just... stops. As in, it stops downloading for whatever reason. Anyway, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox because of an issue that leads to my entire computer...
  3. Roblox won't download on its Microsoft Store version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox won't download on its Microsoft Store version: Just uninstalled Roblox from my computer. However, when I tried to download it via Microsoft Store, it just... stops. As in, it stops downloading for whatever reason. Anyway, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Roblox because of an issue that leads to my entire computer...
  4. I am trying to download Minecraft for Windows but its not downloading and its stuck.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I am trying to download Minecraft for Windows but its not downloading and its stuck.: Its stuck for like 20 minutes and my internet speed is like 50 mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-download-minecraft-for-windows-but/73d041dc-95d7-423a-82fd-90bdf5e34b8f
  5. I am trying to download Minecraft for Windows but its not downloading and its stuck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to download Minecraft for Windows but its not downloading and its stuck.: Its stuck for like 20 minutes and my internet speed is like 50 mbps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-download-minecraft-for-windows-but/73d041dc-95d7-423a-82fd-90bdf5e34b8f
  6. I am trying to download Minecraft for Windows but its not downloading and its stuck.

7. PC not continuing its download

PC not continuing its download: Trying to download some free apps in MS Store but its not continuing its download. It will stop at the middle then keeps it there. It will not revert back and you cant download it again since it is not working. I restart the computer to check if it will be back but its not....
  8. game downloaded from microsoft store deleted on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game downloaded from microsoft store deleted on its own: so my forza horizon 4 wich i have downloaded via the microsoft store owned on xbox deleted itself, when i wanted to load up the game today it immediatly gave me an error that something was missing or something like that and i could not load the game, so i went to the...
  9. I cant download a game from the microsoft store - its saying error

I cant download a game from the microsoft store - its saying error: Hey im trying to install Gears of War Ultimate edition, it said i need 52 gigabytes so a freed up some storage, now i have 53 gb free. When i try to install it it says "error". When i click "see details" it says that i am running out of storage space? even though i have...
  10. whats up with microsoft store its not allowing anything to download

whats up with microsoft store its not allowing anything to download: The Microsoft store is not allowing anything to download just produces a error. Anything you try will not work to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-up-with-microsoft-store-its-not-allowing/ea66e2b4-9550-4a6d-95f5-54e6d9c3ba21"