Windows 10: Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.

Discus and support Downloading a posible scam computer repair service. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I may have downloaded a repair service that is not Microsoft approved. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GaryGilbert3, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.

I may have downloaded a repair service that is not Microsoft approved. What do I do?

:)

GaryGilbert3, Jun 9, 2020
  2. Terrypin Win User

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

Well, not really Rick!

It was presumably hacked before the phone call. How exactly I don't know. What specific steps are you suggesting I should have taken to prevent this, short of pulling the plug on my broadband router?

For example, would those more technically accomplished than me recommend I permanently disable one or more of the following services?
    Remote Access Auto Connection Manager
    Remote Access Connection Manager
    Remote Desktop Configuration
    Remote Desktop Services
    Remote Desktop Services UserMode Port Redirector
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator

- - - Updated - - -

I requested an email and have received the following, which I'll include in the thread:

Subject: Service Center
    Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 17:56:55 +0530

Hello Mr. Terry Pinnell,

We have found your network have been hacked by hackers. Hackers are trying
    to misuse your IP address and your email. So we have to protect your
    identity by blocking those hackers and we have to install network security
    to protect your identity. If we can't block those hackers, those hackers
    will destroy your network. And if the network will be destroyed by those
    hackers then whatever the devices you have, connected with same network,
    every devices could be stop working.

That is the reason, Our technical supervisor, Mr. Roger Lucas called you to
    show you all the problems and suggest you about the precaution. Security,
    Software and Services, you will be receiving free of cost from our company
    but you have to make a registration in our company to install a new Windows
    certificate for your computer. And for making that registration, there is a
    cost is involved.

We have three plans:
    2 Year: 259 GBP
    5 Year: 399 GBP
    Life Time: 559 GBP
    Decision is your's, you have to choose any of the plan, which is your
    suitable.

Thanks,
    Team Ridhima

Terrypin, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Is Advanced System Repair a scam like Advanced Computer System Repair was found to be (a Scam)

I have read on this forum that Advanced Computer System Repair was found to be a scam. Is Advanced System Repair also a scam?

R. MichaelClaffy, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Schobert Win User

Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.

Global Computer Support reputable or scam?

I was startled by a message that came across my computer. What? I am no longer sure, but I was warned not to delete the message or my hard drive would be deleted or crash. It scared me. A phone number was listed which turned out to be Global Computer
    Support. I was given the option of taking the computer to a Microsoft repair place (where would that be) or use their services for $339. for one year. I am ashamed to say I fell for this. I am disputing the charge through my credit card company.

Are they reputable or a scam? Several web sites say a scam.

Schobert, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Downloading a posible scam computer repair service.

1. Downloading a posible scam computer repair service. - Similar Threads - Downloading posible scam

2. Is it posible to find my username without my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it posible to find my username without my computer?: Im trying to log on to another comupter and do not have access to the one with my username i do not remember it and cant guess it, I want to log on to this comuter to change my pin code since i forgot that and can on on the what im trying. If it is possible to change the pin...
  3. Is it posible to find my username without my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it posible to find my username without my computer?: Im trying to log on to another comupter and do not have access to the one with my username i do not remember it and cant guess it, I want to log on to this comuter to change my pin code since i forgot that and can on on the what im trying. If it is possible to change the pin...
  4. is advanced system repair a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is advanced system repair a scam?: Is Advanced System Repair a scam and a virus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-advanced-system-repair-a-scam/ba108054-78d2-4c0c-b982-328d62bde35c
  5. I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I downloaded a computer repair service and my computer isn't working properly: I don't think an online computer repair service was legitimate and I am afraid I've compromised my security. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-a-computer-repair-service-and-my/3dbceae1-92d5-4ca5-9e46-0f12674899d6
  6. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  7. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  8. Downloading a Tractor Service/Repair Manual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Downloading a Tractor Service/Repair Manual: I purchased 2 manuals. One opened and I printed it. When I tried to open manual above, it opens a gibberish in Notepad and Word. My Wordpad is unresponsive. What should I do?...
  9. computer scam

computer scam: I was just called by a man with an Indian accent who offered to show me something bad on my computer. He claimed to know something about my machine because he worked for Microsoft. He wanted me to type ev in the box that appears when you press control + fn at the...
  10. Is Advanced System Repair a scam like Advanced Computer System Repair was found to be (a Scam)

Is Advanced System Repair a scam like Advanced Computer System Repair was found to be (a Scam): I have read on this forum that Advanced Computer System Repair was found to be a scam. Is Advanced System Repair also a scam?...