Windows 10: Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in...

Discus and support Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently was informed by Skype that my version of skype is to be discontinued and invited to down load its replacement. I followed the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JosephSmith5, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in...

I recently was informed by Skype that my version of skype is to be discontinued and invited to down load its replacement. I followed the instructions but was informed "there is a problem with download". " Click the link to download manually". this produced a notice the web site is unavailable. I contacted Skype the transferred me to a tech department Who spent over 2 hours and failed to get any further. sought advice from a tech firm who had originally be recommended by HP for my Printer problems. this firm spent 3 hours but failed to solve the problem. I tried again myself and got to the pion t where I have a short cut on the desktop It tries to, but it will not open the program

:)

JosephSmith5, Aug 3, 2018
  2. malware Win User

New Skype Version Released

Although, not one of my favourite programs, Skype is considered a high priority software application. The latest 3.5.0.239 release, is now available for download and it fixes some major bugs:
    • bugfix: Links with invalid % encodings were executed
    • bugfix: Data execution protection may have crashed Skype
    • bugfix: Pressing escape did not end call
    • Security improvements to ensure it is no longer possible to shut down Skype from a web page
    DOWNLOAD

Source: Skype

malware, Aug 3, 2018
  3. temp02 Win User
    Skype webcam sound won't work

Terminate Skype, then go to Control panel -> Sound and audio devices -> Audio -> un-check "Use only default devices", restart Skype and see if the webcam audio input is listed.

temp02, Aug 3, 2018
  4. Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in...

skype doesn't closing even after clicking "Quit skype"

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to close Skype app on your computer, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the latest version of Skype on your device and check.

Method 1: Remove the earlier versions of the Skype and then install the latest version.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype from the Start Screen:

• On the Start screen, type

• From the list select Skype and right click on it.

• You will get different options on the screen .Select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: You can also uninstall a program from the Control Panel:

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.

• Select Control Panel. Click on
      Programs

• Select Programs and Features.

• Double click on Skype and follow the onscreen instructions.

Refer the below link to download the Skype app for the devices:

Download Skype | Free calls | Chat app

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update with the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in...

1. Downloading a replacement Skype now that my existing version is to be terminated in... - Similar Threads - Downloading replacement Skype

2. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version: Hi, I Have an existing UWP application on the Store, which I have been developing Visual Studio 2007.I have updated the app, so that it is now using WinUI3. However, in Visual Studio 2022, I do not see the same "associate app with store" option, and ot sure how to get a store...
  3. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version: Hi, I Have an existing UWP application on the Store, which I have been developing Visual Studio 2007.I have updated the app, so that it is now using WinUI3. However, in Visual Studio 2022, I do not see the same "associate app with store" option, and ot sure how to get a store...
  4. How to replace an existing UWP store application with a WINUI3 version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.69.76.49 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.69.76.49 now available: The latest Insider build 8.69 is out and we have some pretty neat improvements for you. What's New?  Introducing the last message avatar in a small circle over the group chat icon so you can easily see who wrote the last message. If you would like to turn it on/off,...
  6. New Skype Preview version 8.47.76.58 and 14.47.76.58 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Preview version 8.47.76.58 and 14.47.76.58 now available: Skype Insider Preview // 8.47.76.58 // 14.47.76.58 The new Skype Inside build is out, let us know what you think! What's new? Screenshareing on Chrome web browser. Now Skype makes it even easier to share your screen while using Skype for Web Preview with no plugins or...
  7. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.55 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.55 now available: Skype Insider Preview // Introducing Calling for up to 50 people at once! Available on all platforms Version: 8.41.76.55 We are excited to announce two big changes to group calling in Skype. Before now, Skype only supported calls in groups up to 25 participants - but today...
  8. New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.43 now available

in Windows 10 News
    New Skype Insider Preview version 8.41.76.43 now available: Available on Desktop app for Windows Version: 8.41.76.43 You asked, and we got to work! One of the most requested features from our users is the ability to merge an incoming call into an ongoing call. We're happy to announce that with the latest Insider build you'll be able...
  9. New Version of Skype

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Version of Skype: New Version of Skype available to download Version 7.18.0.111 39971
  10. Skype for Windows desktop v7.41 now available for download

in Windows 10 News
    Skype for Windows desktop v7.41 now available for download: We are happy to announce that Skype customers can now resume download and install of the official Skype for Windows desktop v7.41. It will soon be available on the downloads page of Skype | Communication tool for free calls and chat . To download, click here. Please...