Windows 10: Downloading a Systems Image

Discus and support Downloading a Systems Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Has anyone running Windows 10 with a 86x based system manage to download a Systems Image to either a DVD or HDD ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by urchfont, Oct 10, 2018.

1. urchfont Win User

Downloading a Systems Image

Has anyone running Windows 10 with a 86x based system manage to download a Systems Image to either a DVD or HDD ?

:)

urchfont, Oct 10, 2018

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

1. Connect the Seagate exp drive

2. File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

3. Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

4. Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

1. File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

2. Press the Type column to sort by Type

3. Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2018
  3. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Downloading a Systems Image

System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Downloading a Systems Image

1. Downloading a Systems Image - Similar Threads - Downloading Systems Image

2. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  3. System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image not Recognized by System Image Recovery: I used the Backup and Restore Windows 7 tool to create a system image, which I stored on my NAS. I then copied that image to a new, clean drive. I attempted to use that to image a drive on a new computer using the Windows Recovery environment and selecting Recovery from a...
  4. Downloading images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading images: I have a large number of photos to download from memory sticks to a new computer some images are in folders . How do I do this please RayTJ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-images/6731a48a-a01d-409d-9943-66a0e2810584
  5. system image on windows 10 won't download anywhere

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system image on windows 10 won't download anywhere: I have been trying to create a backup system image in Windows 10 but it keeps telling me I can't save it in any of the locations. I have tried my network, Windows 10, SD Card, OneDrive, and a thumb drive. Where can you save system image on windows 10? I am sick of running...
  6. Downloading images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downloading images: I have had problems with my hotmail, I now have it back after fighting with it for days but the images are not downloading in my emails. I have tried syncing them and still nothing. Please help....
  7. Systems Image Download Failures.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Systems Image Download Failures.: Running Windows 10 system 32bit (x86 based), post update 1803 (KB4464218). Am unable to run off a Systems Image to either a HDD or DVD due to repeated erroneous RPC service unavailable warnings. This is a known problem with 32bit systems only (not 64bit system), but is...
  8. System image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System image: Am currently doing a system image (using the built in Windows 10 tool) for first time. My external HD is a 3 TB seagate connected via USB 3.0. The image I am taking is of my C: drive (Samsung Evo SSD, 300 gig out of 500 full) plus the secondary drive which only currently has...
  9. System Image

System Image: I wanted to create a system image to backup my PC as this is the second time I've had to format my PC. But when it asks me where to save it, I'm unable to choose the option, "On a hard disk". [img] 17309
  10. System Image

System Image: Hi. I am trying to restore a system image to my laptop. I received the following error message: A Volume Shadow Copy Service component encountered an unexpected error. Check the application event log for more information.(0x80042302). I Have restarted the VSS in Windows 10....