Windows 10: Downloading and Installing Java

Discus and support Downloading and Installing Java in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shopper1, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Shopper1 Win User

Downloading and Installing Java

Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the background without the update download or installation being affected OR is it personal preference? Answer: Q2. Alternatively, if a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot before a browser is opened, is it better to run the update first OR

:)

Shopper1, Oct 22, 2021

2. unable to install java on kids PC? just keep getting "installation failed" mssgs

If it isn't listed under "Programs and Features", that means Java isn't installed on the PC.

1. Download JavaRa. Run the program and tell it to remove JRE.

2. Go to Oracle's page and download the Java SE Runtime Environment 8u66 for Windows x64.

3. Right-click on the EXE and select "Run as administrator".

If it still fails, try the instructions on this page:

Why do I get "Errorcode 1603" and Java installation did not finish msg?
    https://community.oracle.com/thread/3671329?start=0&tstart=0

Static~Charge, Oct 22, 2021
  3. Unable to install Java

Hello Momir,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

• Which browser are you using to install Java?
    • What is the issue you are facing while trying to install Java?

I suggest you to try different browser and check if it helps.

For further support you can contact Java support to get better assistance with this issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 22, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

Latest version of Java

Just to go a little deeper for ap1978: What is the difference between Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE? - Quora

Cliff S, Oct 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Downloading and Installing Java - Similar Threads - Downloading Installing Java

2. Java install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Java install: My computer window 11. When I run java install it doesn't show anything? help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-install/6256d389-1ba8-43b4-aa9c-0569865179cf
  3. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  4. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading Java: Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked...
  5. Downloading Java

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Downloading and Installing Java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading and Installing Java: Desktop Computer with 8GB RAM Q1. If a browser is already open when a Java update becomes available for download and installation but does not require a browser or computer reboot, is it better to close the browser first then run the update OR can the update run in the...
  7. Java won't download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Java won't download: I keep trying to install it but no matter what nothing happens. I've tried restarting and turning my computer off and on but it doesn't fix anything. I haven't had this problem with any other computers i've had and i don't understand why it won't work....
  8. Cannot download Java

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download Java: I am using Windows 10 Home on a brand new Lenovo computer. Why won't it complete the download. It just hangs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-java/041d4f27-937c-4d75-95a3-f51ac9d32bba"
  9. Java not downloading properly

Java not downloading properly: So I have spent a good 24-48 hours trying extremely hard to install Java, so I can get a Minecraft modification called Optifine which increases FPS rates. Every single video I have watched people installing optifine say I need Java and I have installed it over and Over and...
  10. Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.: I like playing Minecraft, and I like to play with friends. So I tried to download the sever.jar file and it downloaded a download but, when I wnt to open this file it brought me to internet explorer manage download files page. It asked me if I wanted to save, open, or save...