Windows 10: DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

Discus and support DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If my computer enters sleep mode while either of the above are occurring, do they continue, or do they stop and then I have to either continue or start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LindaMacD47, May 20, 2019.

1. DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

If my computer enters sleep mode while either of the above are occurring, do they continue, or do they stop and then I have to either continue or start again when I open? (There is SO MUCH that I do not seem to know ... yet!)

:)

LindaMacD47, May 20, 2019

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 20, 2019
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 20, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram.
    This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates.

When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?

When I tried to manually scan a downloaded program using the following method, it doesn't show results of the scan:
    • Rt click the file name.
    • In the pop up menu, click "Scan with Windows Defender"
    • A window pops up showing "Full Scan", "Custom Scan" and "Windows defender offline scan", but no results of the individual file scan.
    Thanks for any ideas.

Thema:

DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

1. DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS - Similar Threads - DOWNLOADING RUNNING SCANS

2. Ct scan not downloading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ct scan not downloading: I have a disc with a ct scan on it that i got from my dentist. I broughtnit to another medical office and they couldn't open it. Any idea what i can tell them to do about it? They said that it kept going only halfway but never finished fully downloading....
  3. Ct scan not downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ct scan not downloading: I have a disc with a ct scan on it that i got from my dentist. I broughtnit to another medical office and they couldn't open it. Any idea what i can tell them to do about it? They said that it kept going only halfway but never finished fully downloading....
  4. Ct scan not downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  6. How to run a virus scan using the "run"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to run a virus scan using the "run": I tried before to scan for virus using the "run". It is a windows feature but not from windows security. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-run-a-virus-scan-using-the-run/d42c8d5a-95cf-4a4e-be2f-66896f0c57f8
  7. scan your downloaded files before running them.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scan your downloaded files before running them.: you like to downlod apps . But you do not know your downlod has a malwere or a virus ? You can scan the file after you downloading it if you have SMADAV or AVAST antivirus right click your downloadif you have avast sellect scan the scellected fil for virusesif you are...
  8. How to run Scan?

How to run Scan?: I need to run a security scan. How do I do that? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-run-scan/af85932c-bad8-4f5a-9e95-783045f83012
  9. Running Full Scan

Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  10. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 running downloading scan

2. cant download cause pc running scans