Windows 10: DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

Discus and support DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If my computer enters sleep mode while either of the above are occurring, do they continue, or do they stop and then I have to either continue or start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LindaMacD47, May 20, 2019.

1. DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

If my computer enters sleep mode while either of the above are occurring, do they continue, or do they stop and then I have to either continue or start again when I open? (There is SO MUCH that I do not seem to know ... yet!)

:)

LindaMacD47, May 20, 2019

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, May 20, 2019
  3. scanned documents

Hello,

By default, scans are saved in a Scans folder inside the Pictures. Here are the steps on how to get there:

• Press Windows and type pictures
    • Click Pictures and double-click the Scans folder.

Furthermore, we suggest that you repair your Word application by following the steps on this

link

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 20, 2019
  4. MCK
    mck Win User

DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

Windows 10 Defender scanning downloaded files

Running Win10 Home 64bit on a MSI Z270-A PRO motherboard, i7-6700, 16 GB ram.
    This is a new build for me and I just installed Win10 Home and did all updates.

When I download programs with Defender running, do I have to manually scan the file before installing the program?

When I tried to manually scan a downloaded program using the following method, it doesn't show results of the scan:
    • Rt click the file name.
    • In the pop up menu, click "Scan with Windows Defender"
    • A window pops up showing "Full Scan", "Custom Scan" and "Windows defender offline scan", but no results of the individual file scan.
    Thanks for any ideas.

Thema:

DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS

1. DOWNLOADING AND/OR RUNNING SCANS - Similar Threads - DOWNLOADING RUNNING SCANS

2. Running Full Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Running Full Scan: I run Defender "full scan" every 3-4 days. Sometimes it takes 3-4 hours and other times 9-10 hours. Should I run it more often? Or is this normal to run for such a long time? When done, there is somewhere between 700,000-800,000 items scanned....
  3. Running Virus Scan in Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Running Virus Scan in Excel: How do you turn off the feature … Running Virus Scan … in Excel ? Every time I open a document in Excel it runs the virus scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-virus-scan-in-excel/e1cc17ee-9e94-48b5-be6b-2bcddcb5b6c6
  4. virus scan running on working hours

virus scan running on working hours: win10 v-1803 b-17134 hello, virus scan is running on working hours and slow down the system significantly! is it possible for the system to have that scan not on working hours?...
  5. Windows Defender not running scans

Windows Defender not running scans: I wonder if anyone can identify why Windows Defender has suddenly, i.e. the last day or two, stopped running scans on my home PC? The product is up to date: [img] If I attempt to scan a folder of file, the screen above appears and sometimes the scan will run, but more...
  6. Apps downloading are stuck on scanning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps downloading are stuck on scanning: Hello, So recently I have been trying to install an app on to my laptop from Microsoft edge but, whenever it reaches the scanning part of the download, it gets stuck. I've had it on scanning for the past 20 minutes and nothing is happening. Are there are any solutions to...
  7. need help to run a scan

need help to run a scan: need you too check my computer for me to make surethat its running good https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-help-to-run-a-scan/6b85034d-216e-44b2-87e4-eacfc199dd07
  8. Can not run scan

Can not run scan: I keep getting Error Code OX8050800d What's Up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/can-not-run-scan/c6d61d61-4372-4480-8376-bac347db9118
  9. Defender not Running Regular Scan

Defender not Running Regular Scan: I updated to Win 10 Home 1607 last Friday Aug 19 from Win7. However Win10 loaded with MSE. I managed to uninstall, then I enabled Defender. I read that Automatic maintenance will schedule regular scans for Defender. Is this correct? This has not happened since last...
  10. Scheduled Defender Scan Does Not Run

Scheduled Defender Scan Does Not Run: Quite a while ago I created a Scheduled Task to run a daily manual Defender Quick Scan. It worked fine until the recent Creator's Update/Defender Update (not sure which messed it). I know some things changed with Defender and its path but I can't figure out what to change...