Windows 10: Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes.

Discus and support Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hoping someone can tell me how to optimize my computer's download rate. I'm currently downloading Forza Horizon 3, and the rate right now is only 5.4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel-SanQW, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes.

Hoping someone can tell me how to optimize my computer's download rate. I'm currently downloading Forza Horizon 3, and the rate right now is only 5.4 Mb/s . . .Sometimes the rate goes as low as 1.8 Mb/s. Anyone know how I can calibrate my Windows 10 O/S?

:)

Daniel-SanQW, Sep 27, 2020
  2. JKarch Win User

A Couple Questions About Partitions

Hello, it's been a couple days. So I decided to get back at the effort of resolving this, but I'm so confused on how to perform the steps you have listed above even though the list looks pretty simple and self-explanatory. Is it possible to go a little bit more in depth and explain it like you're talking to someone who has no experience doing something like this? That would be greatly appreciated.

JKarch, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Shuyin03 Win User
    New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Elbe50 Win User

Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes.

Since the most recent Windows 10 update a few days ago, I've got a couple of taskbar issues in Windows 10

Thanks. I tried Step 1, looked at the list of recent updates and found a couple that had been installed within the past few days, but they were for recognizable programs (browser, security software) and not Windows 10 updates that would have impacted the
    task-bar.

I'll try the system restore, but then won't the problem recur when the next set of updates gets installed?

Elbe50, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes.

1. Downloading anything takes a couple days sometimes. - Similar Threads - Downloading anything takes

2. BSOD every couple of days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD every couple of days: I am experiencing BSOD every other day. Cannot figure it out what is it related to? The whole laptop was checked with Lenovo Test run from BIOS for any failures but it came back clean. This is my latest minidump. Maybe someone can help?************* Preparing the environment...
  3. BSOD every couple of days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD every couple of days: I am experiencing BSOD every other day. Cannot figure it out what is it related to? The whole laptop was checked with Lenovo Test run from BIOS for any failures but it came back clean. This is my latest minidump. Maybe someone can help?************* Preparing the environment...
  4. BSOD failures a couple times a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD failures a couple times a day: Its not happening often, and I did not realize it because it was mostly happening overnight. I noticed my pc was restarted when I woke up in the morningI keep it on most nights. But is been crashing periodically. The last few days it crashed twice while I was using it and...
  5. C drive lost a couple of Gb without downloading anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C drive lost a couple of Gb without downloading anything: Hello, I have a little problem. My C drive had 175gb of free space and one day after removing the temporary files ( I have no idea if it has to do anything with removing the temp files, but if I remember correctly, it happened right after removing the temp files and...
  6. Bugcheck every couple of days

Bugcheck every couple of days: Hi there. For the last month I've been getting bugchecks every couple of days. Error 01/05/2020 01:45:54 BugCheck 1001None Error 28/04/2020 15:04:27 BugCheck 1001None Error 22/04/2020 01:20:34 BugCheck 1001None Error 17/04/2020 23:11:32 BugCheck 1001None Error...
  7. Windows 10 Apps installation takes very long. sometimes days.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Apps installation takes very long. sometimes days.: I have Windows 10 Home version 1803 ; 64 bits I am facing two problem - When I download / update apps from MS Store say OneNotes it take very long to install after download is complete. (even few days) Also task bar pinned app icons sometimes appear and sometime does not....
  8. Various BSODs in the last couple days

Various BSODs in the last couple days: Hello! I recently built a new pc which has been working fine for about two weeks. The last three days I have experienced 5 bsod, and only two of them were the same. Also, all but one seem to have to do with some system file, like tcpip.sys. After the last bsod, whenever I...
  9. Sluggish laptop since a couple of days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish laptop since a couple of days: In a matter of weeks, both my laptops have become slow. First, my Z20t that became completely unworkable and had to reinstall it. And now my X220T is experiencing similar problems. Not as bad as the Z20t (I'm sure it helps that it has an i5 instead of an m5 CPU), but I can...
  10. Windows 10 computer takes hours and sometimes days to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer takes hours and sometimes days to boot: Hi. I have a Windows 10 computer. Just a few months ago, I encountered a problem, and it's really annoying me now. When my computer shuts down, it will take hours if not DAYS to boot. One time it took almost 2 days. The screen just stays blank, and I can't hear the fans or...