Windows 10: Downloading Apps

Discus and support Downloading Apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If anyone knows a way to set a password on downloading files online, please tell me, my cousin nearly downloaded a virus but my antivirus stopped her... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Availlablenameperhaps, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Downloading Apps

If anyone knows a way to set a password on downloading files online, please tell me, my cousin nearly downloaded a virus but my antivirus stopped her

:)

Availlablenameperhaps, Aug 13, 2020

2. downloading apps

Hi George,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to understand the issue better, could you let me know

1. Operating system and edition of operating system you are using?
    2. From where you are trying to download apps?

However you can try following steps to if you are using Microsoft store to download apps.

Step 1 :

1. Open RUN box by pressing
      windows + R
      button on the keyboard.
    2. Then type WSReset.exe and click on
      OK.
    3. Try to logging in to store with your Microsoft account.
    4. Try downloading the apps.

Step 2:

1. Search for command prompt on
      Cortana
      search bar.
    2. Right click on command prompt and click on
      run as administrator.
    3. Type below command and press enter.

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

The above command will take some time and I would suggest you to wait until the process completes.

To know the edition of operating system,

1. Right click on This PC and click on
      Properties.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Manjunath_H, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Apps from the store wont download

Hi Sumon,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you face this issue only with these apps?
    • Did you try downloading other apps?
    • Did you try stopping these apps and then downloading it again?
    We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search
      box
      and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.
    If the steps don't work try these steps:

Try to reset the Windows store and check.
    • Press Win + R on the keyboard to open run Window.
    • Type wsreset.exe to reset the Windows store cache.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Aug 13, 2020
  4. KatrineCY Win User

Downloading Apps

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Downloading Apps

1. Downloading Apps - Similar Threads - Downloading Apps

2. Windows zip and unzip app download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows zip and unzip app download: Hi,My default windows zip and unzip app was accidentally uninstalled. How do I get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-zip-and-unzip-app-download/37a5238d-74c6-42fa-80c8-90f88dda7175
  3. Windows zip and unzip app download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows zip and unzip app download: Hi,My default windows zip and unzip app was accidentally uninstalled. How do I get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-zip-and-unzip-app-download/37a5238d-74c6-42fa-80c8-90f88dda7175
  4. Windows zip and unzip app download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  6. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  7. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  9. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  10. app downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app downloads: purchased an app "WikiCamps Australia from Microsoft store. paid twice. not the problem. got a code to redeem. tried to redeem and when i put in the code i got a message that the code has already be redeemed. was told it would work on my laptop with windows 10. also got a...