Windows 10: Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Discus and support Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast. Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Robert11, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Robert11 Win User

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Hello,

Tried, several times, to download and install the free version of Avast.
    Thought it would be a good idea, even though I have Windows Defender running.

Won't let me download it.
    Msg that: this filecouldn't be downloaded.

Apparently, Windows Defender is blocking it. Although it might be something else, of course.

Can't see any way of telling it (Windows Defender) to allow it.

How do I allow it to be downloaded, please ?

Bob

:)

Robert11, Apr 24, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

McAffee Seems to be Blocking Attempts to Download Other Anti-Virus Programs!

I didn't have time to mess with the second one, I made sure McAfee was gone before doing anything.

newtekie1, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Avast VPN blocking Internet connection

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to access internet sites after enabling Avast VPN on your system. This could be if your security software is restricting it to get connected or accessing internet.

So, I would suggest you to Disable Security software temporarily
    and see if it brings any difference.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you
    have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If issue persists, try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1

As you are unable to open some websites then, there might be a chance that the website is not compatible to Internet Explorer. So, I would suggest you to open those websites in compatibility view and see if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Open website which is getting blocked.

• Press alt key to open tool bar.

• Now click on tools.

• Then click on Compatibility view settings.

• You will see the name of website
      under Add this website, so click on add
      to add this website.

• Close the window and restart your computer.

Try the below mentioned methods and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 2

If issue still persists you may try to trust those websites by following the steps mentioned below.

Step 1: Open the trusted sites

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key to make the tools menu visible.
    • In the menu, click Tools.
    • Now click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites.
    • Click Sites.

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ? [​IMG]

Step 2:

Add the trusted website

• Enter the address of the website you would like to add.
    • Click Add.
    • Close the opened Trusted Sites and Internet Options
      windows.

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ? [​IMG]

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

Jsssssssss, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ?

1. Downloading Avast Free Being Blocked ? - Similar Threads - Downloading Avast Free

2. My windows computer is being haunted by Avast - is this malware or is Avast being clingy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows computer is being haunted by Avast - is this malware or is Avast being clingy?: Sorry this is long, I love giving all the details. I'll try and include a tl;dr.An unknown period of time ago I temporarily downloaded an antivirus to double check that I didn't have a virus that my first antivirus couldn't pick up, which I believe to have been Avast, since...
  3. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  4. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads Being Blocked: Some time in the last few weeks, my computer has started blocking downloads. It attempts to download, say, a program but then says “Can’t download – Blocked”. No other information is given. It doesn’t even indicate which program the message has come from. The same thing...
  5. Glasswire download is being blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Glasswire download is being blocked: I can install virtually all software from any company and some even from Microsoft. Software I have used for a long time when trying to install updates I frequently get a message for instance: "Glasswire Setup was blocked because it could harm your computer" If I certify it...
  6. Downloads Being Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads Being Blocked: I have recently found that everything that I download gets blocked. Not jist sketchy files that my firewall might block but everything. And I’ve tried everything that I can think of to try and disable download blockers/firewalls. I was able to downlaod sruff before but now I...
  7. uninstall avast free antivirus

uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  8. Windows Defender or Avast Free

Windows Defender or Avast Free: I currently have Avast free on Windows 10, defender is turned off. Has defender improved so I can remove 3rd party and go with defender. I am a low end user, I am on a lot but not doing anything that would be considered going to risky sites. 86333
  9. Avast and SyncBack Free

Avast and SyncBack Free: Upgraded to Windows 10 on all of my systems (desktop, laptop, tablet) and have been using Avast Free as my antivirus software. No problem until today (9/16/2015) when Avast reported SyncBack Free as Malware and moved it to quarantine. Downloaded most recent version from...
  10. Avast blocks the internet

Avast blocks the internet: Avast update block all the internet Avast blocks the entire internet – again • The Register 84141