Windows 10: Downloading chrome or firefox

Discus and support Downloading chrome or firefox in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jefflightfoot1, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Downloading chrome or firefox

My new laptops won't download chrome or firefox. I think Microsoft is doing this on purpose because I see threads going back at least 2 years with same problem and it hasn't been addressed. I now can't even get the "offline" programs. Any help with this? Should I just breakdown and go to other OS/Chromebook etc? I need these for school and work.

:)

jefflightfoot1, Sep 10, 2020
  2. TheHunter Win User

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

IE11 has adblock easy list too.

ie http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists

Altohugh my no1 is still FF, the only thing that kinda sucks is it doesnt have full 1080p 60fps support @html5 (max 720p), IE11 plays that fine np.

TheHunter, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Chrome and firefox are not working

This helped me with Chrome but not with Firefox.

I opened Control Panel>Troubleshooting>Programs>Advanced, Run as Administrator and then went through the steps. My problem was the Chrome wouldn't start at all, so I went through the steps and it asks what program you're having problems with, I chose Google
    Chrome, it'll go through a short diagnostic and then give you the option of Troubleshoot Program & then it gives a list of problems. I chose the first one: This program worked in earlier versions.... then click next, I clicked Windows 7, then next and it did
    it's little fix. I tested and Chrome opened up just fine.

No such luck for Firefox, though.

MarkLaFrance, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Naito Win User

Downloading chrome or firefox

Explorer, Chrome or Firefox ?

Not that IE is my main browser (Firefox is), but Adblock Plus is available for IE now. Alternatively you can use custom Tracking Protection lists to perform a similar function. Personally, I find IE very good, but Firefox is slightly better for my use (also it's a habit). In my own personal testing, Chrome used twice memory of Firefox with exactly the same tabs open (due to the way it manages processes). Some people have experienced many issues with Firefox, but I rarely ever do.

Naito, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Downloading chrome or firefox

1. Downloading chrome or firefox - Similar Threads - Downloading chrome firefox

2. FIREFOX DOWNLOADING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FIREFOX DOWNLOADING: How to I install firefox on D drive so it take very little space on c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-downloading/b36f76f5-5caf-45c1-854c-30ab2b97db25
  3. Which is better Chrome or Firefox.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Which is better Chrome or Firefox.: I have been a chrome user for all my life and thinging of switching browsers in windows 10. submitted by /u/a4kube [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6q1ck/which_is_better_chrome_or_firefox/
  4. downloading firefox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading firefox: I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-firefox/169c04f8-36d0-40ef-9799-a75618fcb8ac
  5. Firefox vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox vs Chrome: I switched back to Google Chrome from firefox some months ago and it's been fine...However, i got curious *Wink today and decided to download Firefox again and play with it to see how it is now...One thing i did observe is that it does seem more snappy about loading in web...
  6. Firefox download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  7. How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can have more control over your browser by disabling downloads. This practice not only ensures enough disk space but can also a measure to guard your PC against malicious downloads and malware. This post will show you how to [...] This post How to block...
  8. FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox and Chrome...Trouble with Amazon.com!: If I go to Amazon.com and look at my orders or look at any item that has images you can expand both FireFox AND Chrome will freeze. IE is still OK. Not sure when this happened but I do not know if it is related to blocking popups or not. Could it be related to a Win 10...
  9. downloading firefox

in Browsers and Email
    downloading firefox: Hi folks I just got my new computer with windows 10...I had windows seven and this seems complicated. I was looking to see where I can download fire fox and chrome. any help? also I had free malware scan on windows 7 that I could scan flash drives for problems...I...
  10. Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube pixelated in chrome, not firefox: Please see these printscreens of the same youtube vid, both on same quality, one on chrome one on firefox. Pixelation is clearly visible in the chrome pic on at the top. In particular look at the neckline of the guy second from the right. What's going on? Thanks guys!...