Windows 10: Downloading data from Library Documents

Discus and support Downloading data from Library Documents in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by howard20101947, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Downloading data from Library Documents

New computer replacing 8 year old computer. Upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Many documents were stored in Library "Documents" (not C or D drive) but unable to locate. Have Hard Drive from old computer in docking station but unable to locate files?

:)

howard20101947, Aug 5, 2019

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Kbird Win User
    ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders

If done right, any thing now downloaded or Saved will end up on D:\ in the new Folders , but don't fret too much about "wearing" out a SSD ...never going to happen....for a normal user....unless you are somehow writing Terabytes of data to your SSD Daily

You didn't say you were Dual booting ....what 2 windows OS's ? if you moved the Libraries on both OS's to D:\ you could be really confusing the issue....

If you moved The libraries to D:\ there should be nothing in the Folders at C:\Users\UserNAME\Docs ...... (Pics) (Downloads)

Perhaps you are confusing Folders and Libraries? Libraries are just a Shortcut to a Folder hence you see the same thing in both.... ie the Documents Library , shows you what is in D:\Documents now not C:\Users\UserNAME\Documents

Windows libraries

Applies to: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 Libraries are virtual containers for users’ content.
    A library can contain files and folders stored on the local computer or in a remote storage location. In Windows Explorer, users interact with libraries in ways similar to how they would interact with other folders. Libraries are built upon the legacy known folders (such as My Documents, My Pictures, and My Music) that users are familiar with, and these known folders are automatically included in the default libraries and set as the default save location.

Features for Users

Windows libraries are backed by full content search and rich metadata. Libraries offer the following advantages to users:

• Aggregate content from multiple storage locations into a single, unified presentation.
    • Enable users to stack and group library contents based on metadata.
    • Enable fast, full-text searches across multiple storage locations, from Windows Explorer or from the Start menu.
    • Support customized filter search suggestions, based on the types of files contained in the library.
    • Enable users to create new libraries and specify which folders they want to include.

Kbird, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Downloading data from Library Documents

Library, Documents listed twice

In Windows Explorer, Library has Documents and others listed. When Document is expanded there are two occurrences of Documents. How do I remove one of them?

DRSteele Calgary, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Downloading data from Library Documents

1. Downloading data from Library Documents - Similar Threads - Downloading data Library

2. New computer - downloading apps from the library

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer - downloading apps from the library: Can anyone help please. Have just bought a new computer running windows 11 but when we go into Microsoft store and library we can’t download anything the wheel just whirs around yet the old computer with windows 10 downloads fine. Any suggestions as to the problem would be...
  3. New computer - downloading apps from the library

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer - downloading apps from the library: Can anyone help please. Have just bought a new computer running windows 11 but when we go into Microsoft store and library we can’t download anything the wheel just whirs around yet the old computer with windows 10 downloads fine. Any suggestions as to the problem would be...
  4. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  5. Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Copied into Documents Library also in OneDrive Documents: My clients new Dell Inspiron uses Windows 11 Version 22H2.During setup, OneDrive was disabled in Startup as well as "Unlink this PC" and "Unlink account" in Settings.As mentioned, files copied directly to the Documents library also now appear in the OneDrive Documents...
  6. Hide Documents library privacy settings from search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide Documents library privacy settings from search: I use the search bar to find folders very often - it works a hell of a lot better than previous versions of Windows and my hands don't have to leave the keyboard for me to find the folder or file I need. Works great, except when I want to get to my Documents folder. For some...
  7. ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    ? After I Moved Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders: Question After I "Moved" Libraries ie. Documents, Pictures and Download Folders From SSD to Other Internal HDD Drive ------------ So the process was simple enough and relatively successful. Everything in the aforementioned folders is now on the HDD under specific...
  8. Documents Library - Lost Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Library - Lost Contents: Hi all. First time over in the 10 Forums, but an old time member of the 7 Forum *chuckle I'm trying to work out a concern today, that's frankly driving me nuts. I installed the latest Creators Update a couple of days ago, and noticed this today, so I'm assuming its...
  9. How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to stop "Documents" library from being reset on reboot?: No matter what I do, Windows 10 changes the folders that belong to my "Documents" library on reboot to the standard folders (specifically %userprofile%/documents and the OneDrive documents folder). I don't want either of these folders in the Documents library; when I make...
  10. Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally moved Documents Library to HDD: I was trying to move my libraries off of my SSD. In doing so I accidentally moved my Documents library onto my drive D: (my HDD). When I realized that it did not work the way I wanted it to I tried to reset to default, but instead of moving the Documents library back to C:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. DOCUMENTS library privacy settings