Windows 10: Downloading documents with internet explorer

Discus and support Downloading documents with internet explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyaLewis1, Apr 22, 2021.

1. MyaLewis1 Win User

Downloading documents with internet explorer

Hi. When I was downloading documents I accidently clicked open with internet explorer always. And now I can't get rid of it. My question is how do I turn it back to the default settings so it doesn't open with internet explorer?

:)

MyaLewis1, Apr 22, 2021
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Downloading documents with internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Cruvenium Win User
    [IE6] Internet Explorer Cannot Download / [SITE]

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my Internet Explorer 6.

In any website I try to access, I get this

Internet Explorer cannot download / SITE
    Internet Explorere was not able to open this internet site.

There's a downloading file right behind it. I'm just trying to access a site, but it shows that. Why is it? Is there a way to cure this error?

Cruvenium, Apr 22, 2021
  4. Downloading documents with internet explorer

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Downloading documents with internet explorer

1. Downloading documents with internet explorer - Similar Threads - Downloading documents internet

2. Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled: Internet Explorer 10 download & installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-10-download-and-instlled/eae18ff8-6544-4985-bc76-d7d17ef56bae
  3. Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 10 download and instlled: Internet Explorer 10 download & installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-10-download-and-instlled/eae18ff8-6544-4985-bc76-d7d17ef56bae
  4. Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening Downloads in Internet Explorer: Hello, I purchased an e-book and I was trying to download and open it and while doing that I accidentally selected open in Internet Explorer. I was to change back to my default download opening settings but I can't figure out how to. I don't want internet explorer and I...
  5. Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents

Default Folders in File Explorer; Desktop,Documents and Downloads all changed to Documents: How do i reset my This Pc folder icons and names and files? I think it was mixed up while trying to move folder location to one drive. See image[ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 and internet explorer download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and internet explorer download: Hello, my computer came with internet explorer on it, and now it is gone. I have been trying all evening to download it again and it will download but won't come up on my computer. Please help!...
  7. Internet Explorer is downloading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet Explorer is downloading files: I have accidentally set internet explorer as my default for downloading apps, but I do not like Internet explorer's slow download speed, can I change my default for downloading apps back to the original? I use Chrome, and I just do not like IE....
  8. Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Crashing when opening Documents and Downloads: My Windows Explorer is crashing out without an error popup whenever it opens the Download folder. For Documents it will stay open for a few seconds and work fine, then crash without a popup. All other files work fine so far, just these two. It also causes issues with...
  9. Word document are have internet explorer icons

Word document are have internet explorer icons: How do I change this? It happened after I did a system restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-document-are-have-internet-explorer-icons/11676665-ed71-4edf-9ee8-f61e5fc10f5a"
  10. Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer 11 Downloading Issue: The behaviour of Internet Explorer 11 has changed of late, probably after some Windows updates. When I attempt to download pictures or software from legitimate sites such as Flickr, Adobe or AVG for example, I receive the “This file can’t be downloaded” error message. This...