Windows 10: Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

Discus and support Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Very recently my computer started to not accept downloads. It's VERY frustrating because this has never happened before. It's affecting my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SarahWilliams1104, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

Hi all,

Very recently my computer started to not accept downloads. It's VERY frustrating because this has never happened before. It's affecting my school since I can't download certain assignments and I can't even download Norton Security. I've attempted downloading from both IE and from Google Chrome. I've tried scouring the internet, but I've found nothing even remotely helpful. It's not just those things either its anything I try to download. My version is Windows 10.

Is there a way to override it or fix it without screwing up my computer??

I've gone to many forums and none of the solutions have helped. Hopefully I'll be able to get one.

Thanks in advance!

Sarah

:)

SarahWilliams1104, Feb 7, 2019
  2. kewlvette Win User

When trying to download windows 10 I get an error message stating it contains a virus and was deleted

when trying to download windows 10 I get an error message stating it contains a virus and was deleted

kewlvette, Feb 7, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Feb 7, 2019
  4. CarolLJ Win User

Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

CarolLJ, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted"

1. Downloading Error: "Download contained virus and was deleted" - Similar Threads - Downloading Error Download

2. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  3. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...: I'm currently experiencing a problem when trying to download or save any files in Windows 10 from either Edge or Chrome. When trying to download a file in edge, I get the error "xxxx.pdf contains a virus and was deleted" - this happens for all files, regardless of source....
  4. MS Edge - All downloaded files "contain a virus and were deleted". Google Chrome error when...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software

downloading an app that contains a virus or unwanted software: I'm trying to download an app and whenever I try to run the downloading software it comes up with an error that says "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." The app is safe I'm completely sure of it and I'd...
  6. ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ChromeSetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted: So, I deleted Chrome because it was not working right and I went to download it again and it said, "chromesetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted". I have no idea what to do, and I need it for school. Please help. I even checked all my files, looked at videos, I also...
  7. "Download contained a virus and was deleted" problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Download contained a virus and was deleted" problem Windows 10: I bought a brand-new PC laptop eight months ago. It's running Windows 10, and I install Windows updates as soon as they become available. The only browser on the machine is Microsoft Edge. I am also running the latest version of McAfee Antivirus Plus, which I installed as...
  8. Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution...

Unable to download ANY files: Error "file contains virus and was deleted" Old solution...: I see that this issue was posted before but the most recent solution was from 2013 and not working for me. I was trying to download an upgrade to Quicken and Malware Bytes but keep recieving the above noted error. Help!! Thanks Tracy...
  9. downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    downloads met with "contained a virus---deleted": I think this is an older problem, but somehow I am just noticing it. Anytime I try to download, save, save as, etc something from an email, the info comes back with "...…… contained a virus and was deleted". Super frustrating especially when I know these are safe files!!!!...
  10. false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix

false,download contained a virus and was deleted,fix: false, download contained a virus and was deleted ,fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/falsedownload-contained-a-virus-and-was-deletedfix/8ad8e3b2-7fd7-4590-a656-56b555bb7b37

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chromesetup.exe contained a virus and was deleted how to fix

2. contained a virus and was deleted

3. windows downloads contained a virus and was deleted messafe

4. programs contained a virus and was deleted all browsers,
  5. all downloads contain a virus and are deleted,
  6. contained a virus and was deleted fix windows 10,
  7. file contained a virus and was deleted fix,
  8. error in cricut download stating contained virus,
  9. windows 10 1903 download contained a virus,
  10. contains a virus and was deleted when saving to network drive,
  11. windows 10 contained a virus and was deleted,