Windows 10: downloading files from one drive

Discus and support downloading files from one drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Real simple question. If I upload a folder to my onedrive, how does a completely different person download those files/folder to their computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobPeterson3, Aug 27, 2020.

1. downloading files from one drive

Real simple question. If I upload a folder to my onedrive, how does a completely different person download those files/folder to their computer.

:)

BobPeterson3, Aug 27, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Aug 27, 2020
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

downloading files from one drive

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

downloading files from one drive

1. downloading files from one drive - Similar Threads - downloading files drive

2. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  3. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  4. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  5. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  6. Removing files from One Drive

Removing files from One Drive: I've just got a new PC and copied all my files from my external hard drive onto it. Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the paths and they all went onto One Drive, which I don't want to use - I prefer to have control over my stuff, not send it into space! I deleted One...
  7. Files Mirrored on One Drive, from Hard Drive

Files Mirrored on One Drive, from Hard Drive: My One drive exactly mirrors the files viewed on my hard drive. If I add / delete files on my hard drive, so to does my one drive reflect the same. How then can I delete files on my hard drive to save disk space, yet only leaving important files on my one drive not mirrored...
  8. Removing a file from one drive

Removing a file from one drive: I have a free one drive account. I made the mistake of adding my picture folder to one drive. Now I am almost out of space. I want to remove picture folder from one drive. I DO NOT want to remove the pictures from my computer. Since it was a very easy drag and drop solution...
  9. Syncing or downloading of files to one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing or downloading of files to one drive: Has anyone any idea of how I can stop my files being synchronised or downloaded to onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-or-downloading-of-files-to-one-drive/8afbd06a-ed01-4b20-8f6b-dcb29fc2fab0
  10. Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is One Drive downloading files to my computers?: I thought one uploads some files to their One Drive and then they can be accessed via other computers that they login into, why in the heck is One Drive downloading the files to each of my computers, we are talking 14GB of music I uploaded, it is taking forever and it is...