Windows 10: Downloading files from the Internet.

Discus and support Downloading files from the Internet. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if it is considered safe to download OCX files from ocxDump.com website. If not is there a safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gordon99, Sep 19, 2016.

1. gordon99 Win User

Downloading files from the Internet.

I would be very grateful if someone could advise me if it is considered safe to download OCX files from ocxDump.com website. If not is there a safe free website from which OCX files can be obtained. Thanks

:)

gordon99, Sep 19, 2016

2. downloading files from the internet using Microsoft 10

I am trying to download Turbo Tax and it does fine until it starts extracting files and the it gets to 100% and then it stops and ever thing disappears.

* Moved from IE8/Windows(unknown-other)

DwightSomers1, Sep 19, 2016
  3. N8: Downloading Files From The Internet Problem

@muchgrace

For certain applications there is no choice of where to install and especially something like Whatsapp which is going to establish it's own network access point and not follow normal connectivity rules!

aspergerguy, Sep 19, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

OCX files are no different than any other program (considering safety). I would suggest using virustotal. You can get it as an extension for Firefox and Chrome.

The site itself, you are asking about, is clean according to virustotal an WOT, but you should check every program you download.
    You can check MyWOT page yourself.

AndreTen, Sep 19, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    I always scan any downloaded file for viruses. There are various online sites where you can send a file for scanning by multiple virus engines.

Steve C, Sep 21, 2016
  6. gordon99 Win User
    Thank you both AndreTen and Steve C for your very helpful responses to my enquiry. The MYWOT site was unknown to me and will prove very helpful. I will marked this thread as solved. Thanks again.

gordon99, Sep 21, 2016
  7. AndreTen Win User
    Thanks for posting back @gordon99.
    Also thanks Steve C to second my advice *Smile

May I just add to take WOT rating (or any other) as first indication of trustfulness. No such service can make miracles. Virustotal service is more important to use, but also not 100 % assurance *Smile
    Get browser extension for it and check files as shown in picture below...

AndreTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloading files from the Internet. - Similar Threads - Downloading files Internet

2. File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive: I am trying to backup several different Windows computers to a single Windows computer by sharing the drives of the target computers and accessing them from the backup computer. But I am running into a file access permission issue. Setup:The target computers have a Windows...
  3. File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive: I am trying to backup several different Windows computers to a single Windows computer by sharing the drives of the target computers and accessing them from the backup computer. But I am running into a file access permission issue. Setup:The target computers have a Windows...
  4. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  5. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open files downloaded from the internet: few weeks ago I have noticed that i can't seem to open files downloaded from the internet. These files include PDF, Word.doc, images of different format jpg, pnp etc..1. No error message, just nothing happens.2. Preview works3. Not just newly downloaded files but also very...
  6. can't open files downloaded from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to download and open files from the internet

Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  8. Unable to download and open files from the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download and open files from the internet: I am having trouble downloading files from the internet and accessing them. Any document i try to download says it is downloaded but isnt if that makes sense?? basically i will be able to download the file but will show this automictically and wont change at all, any type of...
  9. Can't Delete some files downloaded from internet !!

Can't Delete some files downloaded from internet !!: Can't Delete some files downloaded from internet I have downloaded a file yesterday and run it filename: Microsoft Word 2010 - www.MySoftwareFree.com . and it automatically created a virtual disk drive and can't delete any files in it. need help please please...
  10. Can't Delete some files downloaded from internet

Can't Delete some files downloaded from internet: I have downloaded yesterday and run it. and it automatically created a virtual disk drive and can't delete any files in it. need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-delete-some-files-downloaded-from-internet/5e9353dd-ef73-47d5-84ec-be0f6541b702