Windows 10: downloading firefox

Discus and support downloading firefox in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by tamiFTGU, May 22, 2020 at 3:33 AM.

1. tamiFTGU Win User

downloading firefox

I am trying to download firefox on a brand new laptop. I get a dialog box that says it is in S Mode. I am new to windows 10 by the way :/

:)

2. Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 22, 2020 at 3:35 AM
  3. Firefox does not work on start up

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Firefox
    and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below to uninstall
    Firefox:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for Firefox and right click on it and click on
      uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall is complete and try to reinstall them.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

4. kenkickr Win User

downloading firefox

Firefox 3.5.4 available for download

This morning Firefox has released a update to the very popular Firefox 3.5 browser. Below is a list of security fixes within the 3.5.4 release:

You are here: Security Center > Known Vulnerabilities in Mozilla Products > Security Advisories for Firefox 3.5
    Firefox logo Security Advisories for Firefox 3.5

Fixed in Firefox 3.5.4
    MFSA 2009-64 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:1.9.1.4/ 1.9.0.15)
    MFSA 2009-63 Upgrade media libraries to fix memory safety bugs
    MFSA 2009-62 Download filename spoofing with RTL override
    MFSA 2009-61 Cross-origin data theft through document.getSelection()
    MFSA 2009-59 Heap buffer overflow in string to number conversion
    MFSA 2009-57 Chrome privilege escalation in XPCVariant::VariantDataToJS()
    MFSA 2009-56 Heap buffer overflow in GIF color map parser
    MFSA 2009-55 Crash in proxy auto-configuration regexp parsing
    MFSA 2009-54 Crash with recursive web-worker calls
    MFSA 2009-53 Local downloaded file tampering
    MFSA 2009-52 Form history vulnerable to stealing

Click here for the release notes and here for the download appropriate for your language.

Thema:

downloading firefox

1. downloading firefox - Similar Threads - downloading firefox

2. Firefox Failed Downloads

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox Failed Downloads: Since updating Firefox to version 76 I've been unable to download files properly, they consistently fail. I tried resetting Firefox, resetting download folder, resetting my network settings, disabling Defender and restarting my router but nothing helped. I installed Chrome...
  3. downloading firefox for default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    downloading firefox for default browser: I just got this laptop literally an hour ago. I want to install firefox as my default browser. it says I can't do it because I am in "s" mode and need to get an app from the Microsoft store. I can't find the app. I don't want internet explorer as my browser. can someone...
  4. Signed into Microsoft store just to download iTunes, and now I cant open Firefox or Chrome....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signed into Microsoft store just to download iTunes, and now I cant open Firefox or Chrome....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xGaslightx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fflj87/signed_into_microsoft_store_just_to_download/
  5. Firefox won't download some files

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox won't download some files: I tried downloading a BIOS update for my mainboard a short time ago, but couldn't get it with FF 72.0.2. When I clicked on the icon to start downloading, the download box only flashed briefly and was gone. Nothing downloaded. The same thing happened each time I tried. This...
  6. Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates

in Windows 10 News
    Block Firefox from using Windows BITS Service to download updates: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers a background update feature for programs so that they can update themselves in the background without any interruption. The service is called BITS or Background Intelligent Transfer Service. Firefox can also use this service to update its...
  7. Firefox download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Firefox download: Using edge I am unable to download firefox....it goes as far as to show downloading.. 0% and stays there Tks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-download/2a778d30-11b5-44bb-8303-dc9bd877d92e
  8. How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to block or disable Downloads in Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can have more control over your browser by disabling downloads. This practice not only ensures enough disk space but can also a measure to guard your PC against malicious downloads and malware. This post will show you how to [...] This post How to block...
  9. I have WIN 10 and McAfee and I can't download Mozilla-firefox, Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have WIN 10 and McAfee and I can't download Mozilla-firefox, Why?: Why won't mc afee let mozilla-firefox download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-win-10-and-mcafee-and-i-cant-download/e7031fbf-dcdc-44c3-8ce7-7a8c7b10fb1a"
  10. New Firefox 62.0.2 version now available for download on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    New Firefox 62.0.2 version now available for download on Windows: Mozilla today released a new update for Firefox that advances the browser to version 62.0.2The latest version is a bug fixing update for Firefox 62, which was released to all Windows users earlier in the month. The update focuses more on fixing the minor issues and enhancing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get firefox from microsoft store