Windows 10: Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a product key for a free trial of the Affinity Suite, but I only get the option to buy in the Microsoft Store. Is their a way around this- I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TaraHovis, Jan 20, 2021.

1. TaraHovis Win User

Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store

I have a product key for a free trial of the Affinity Suite, but I only get the option to buy in the Microsoft Store. Is their a way around this- I seem to be stuck in S mode.

:)

TaraHovis, Jan 20, 2021

2. Microsoft Store free apps

Hello,

Corrupted system files can cause issues when downloading applications from the Microsoft Store. However, for us to provide you the most appropriate assistance, can you provide us the exact error message that you're getting?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache and try to download applications again. Check out the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run command box.

• Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

• Once done, try to download applications.

We'll wait for any updates to assist you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store

Minecraft free trial

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Which trial version of Minecraft game are you installing?
    • What is the complete error message are you getting?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus program installed?

Please help us with the screenshot of the page from Microsoft Store for the trial version of Minecraft game you are installing.
    (Please follow the steps mentioned in the screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store

1. Downloading free trials in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Downloading free trials

2. Microsoft 365 Free Trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft 365 Free Trial: I signed up for a free trial in Microsoft 365 but I think I was charged even before the trial ended. I'd like to cancel my subscription and I need a refund. Please help me....
  3. Microsoft 365 Free Trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft 365 Free Trial: I signed up for a free trial in Microsoft 365 but I think I was charged even before the trial ended. I'd like to cancel my subscription and I need a refund. Please help me....
  4. Free Trials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  5. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  6. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  7. minecraft free trial

minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"
  8. Microsoft 365 free trial?

Microsoft 365 free trial?: How do I activate the Microsoft 365 free trial? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-365-free-trial/50919ebd-954c-4c09-aebb-3fb5498d69a4"
  9. free trial dvd from microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    free trial dvd from microsoft: I have windows 10 I downloaded the free 7 day trial so i can use my dvd player and still it pops up and does nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trial-dvd-from-microsoft/09b22461-72f7-4ff8-92a2-1b94f1591409
  10. No option to have a free trial in the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to have a free trial in the Microsoft Store.: I want to try this DvD player out, to see if it works on my PC, but on the store there is no option to have a free trial, only for me to buy it. How come? My laptop that shares the same Microsoft account says I can have the trial, when I checked, but ultimately, I want it...