Windows 10: Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10

Discus and support Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I'm trying to download photos from an SD card. This worked fine in Win 7, now I am getting an error message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by caverbru, Dec 15, 2019.

1. caverbru Win User

Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10

I just upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I'm trying to download photos from an SD card. This worked fine in Win 7, now I am getting an error message that says that the card needs to be Formatted. If I do that, I lose all of the photos. Any suggestions?

:)

caverbru, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 not reading SD Cards

Hi,

Thank You for replying with the status of this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Please check your Windows updates (including optional updates).

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Select Check for Update.

• Download and Install the latest Windows Updates.

Method 2: Check in compatibility mode.

Download the drivers from manufacture's website for Windows 10, if there no drivers available for Windows 10, download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it in compatibility
      mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

• Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Method 3:

Please check if the Micro SD card is listed in disk management.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click on disk management
    • Check if the Micro SD card is listed
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 15, 2019
  3. windows 10 oes not acknowledge sd card

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To get more clear picture of the issue, let us know:

• Are you using your SD card in a phone or computer?
    • If it is on phone, then which Build of Windows 10 Insider Preview are you using?
    I would suggest you to check the SD card with any other device to make sure there is not any corruption with the SD card.

Reply with the information and we'll be happy to assist you.

Navneet Anand, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

WINDOWS 10 SD CARD RECOGNITION

Hi,

There’s a possibility that the SD card is not compatible with your device.
    To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does any other SD card work on this device?
    • Does the SD card work on a different computer?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Downloading from SD card to computer in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Downloading card computer

2. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  3. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant download photos from sd card: Had Widows auto upgrade overnight - appearance of "Photos" changed - tried to download pictures from SD card - got an error message " Please Update your device settings to accept media transfer" - how do I do this ?...
  4. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cant download photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't download from SD card

Can't download from SD card: I have been downloading pictures from a trail camera with no problem until yesterday and now when I try to download pictures I get a notation stating "make sure your device is unlocked and that you accept the notification to connect". I have a feeling that my wife might of...
  7. I cant download sd card to computer windows 10

I cant download sd card to computer windows 10: I cant download sd card to computer. Its just stopped working and does not show any options to place the photos. I believe it has also ruined the sd card as I cant find anything on it when placed back into camera. I am not a camera buff, but have been able to download and...
  8. Nothing will download to SD card

Nothing will download to SD card: Hey! I recently got an SD card for my HP laptop. It only had 29GB of storage and Windows took up most of the storage, leaving me with only Netflix. Due to this the laptop was also extremely slow it wasn't my wifi, I tried it at multiple peoples houses. I put in the SD Card...
  9. Downloading photos from sd card to a specific folder

Downloading photos from sd card to a specific folder: Hi, I cannot download my photos from my SD card to a specific folder that I have created. I have only notice this problem today. It tells me if I would like to change the designated folder but when I try to add the new name to my photo file nothing happens...
  10. SD card download and play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card download and play: how do I download and play a video from an SD card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-download-and-play/7fcc1484-684c-45af-b36c-753824e8f2b3