Windows 10: Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC

Discus and support Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community, I have a problem when downloading from the internet. I did find other people with the same problem on the internet but almost none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Razvan_894, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC

Hello community,

I have a problem when downloading from the internet. I did find other people with the same problem on the internet but almost none of them had a solution. One guy said that he solved the problem, and it was regarding the internet driver, I tried uninstalling my intel LAN driver and installing an older one, but that did not solve it.

So when downloading, uploading or even loading a page that has a lot of information on it my PC slows down instantly, lagging like never before.

So this started to happen since a week or two, I started seeing this when I was downloading a torrent file, then saw it happen in the browser, and everywhere I was using internet. 1 GB internet connection but it should not matter, it worked perfectly till now

Please understand it's not my hardware, I've already checked every piece of info about HDD load, CPU usage, and other monitors that I found could be the issue, nothing goes above 5% usage, not even my Ethernet monitor.

My only lead is the guy that answered his own question with I've solved it, it was a network related issue.

I do not know how to proceed, and I'm going crazy.

Please help, thanks!

:)

Razvan_894, Mar 4, 2021
  2. Moose Win User

Internet Downloads

Thanks all for the useful suggestions, i certainly can understand the idea of refreshing downloads. I wish Firefox had that little button lol. Now i'll try and download Warrock (a great FREE game) with download manager though (annoyingly) firefox is now downloading without buggering up!
    I just did a few spyware scans which though didn't stop the probs it probably did stop all thoses bloody programs from using the internet and slowing it down.

Moose, Mar 4, 2021
  3. FlashNob Win User
    Another Slow Internet Download Problem

I've looked at previous questions about similar "slow download speed" and none of the suggested fixes has helped.

My Desktop PC on wired Ethernet has slowed to a crawl. Before January 15, 2018 my download rate average was 126.7 Mbps. Since January 15. my average download rate has been reduced to 33.6 Mbps
    and sometimes much worse (~9 Mbps) using Chrome, IE or MS Edge. However,
    my Wifi download and upload rates remain high on both my Samsung Galaxy S7 and two HP laptops at 50 - 120Mbps. I've been using speedtest.net (OOKLA) to measure the download speeds.

I have not changed the configuration over this time period. My PC is a stock Gateway LX6200-01 with:

• AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core CPU;
    • Win 10Pro 1709
    • 8 GB of memory; and
    • Marvell Yukon 88E8071 PCI-E Gigabit Controller.

My network consists of:

• Comcast/Xfinity Cable/Voice/Internet Wifi modem
    • D-Link DGS-2208 8-Port 10/100/1000 Desktop Switch

This is driving me nuts, since there web pages open really slow. Any ideas on what the problem might be and how to fix it.

Thanks

Joe

FlashNob, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC

WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC

1. Downloading from the Internet slows everything on my PC - Similar Threads - Downloading Internet slows

2. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet only slow on my pc: Hello, for the past year or so, my pc has had a problem where the wireless internet is very slow compared to my other devices, this only ever occurs on my pc, and I have tried several fixes to get my wireless internet back to a normal speed. is there any concrete fix to my...
  3. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet only slow on my pc: Hello, for the past year or so, my pc has had a problem where the wireless internet is very slow compared to my other devices, this only ever occurs on my pc, and I have tried several fixes to get my wireless internet back to a normal speed. is there any concrete fix to my...
  4. internet only slow on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. The internet on my pc is so slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The internet on my pc is so slow: So, I basically ignored my pc for 3 months after I got my ps5, and now something is wrong with the connection to the internet. Its always disconnecting randomly, it can barely load a webpage and I get like a 5kb download speed. I've found out that its only my pc because my...
  6. Internet just slow on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet just slow on my PC: Hello! I started having this issue 2 days ago where the internet on my PC was slow, it did connect and everything but everything was slow. Websites stopped working and was loading too long, messages took too long to send all grayed out. The internet works every now and then,...
  7. Internet just slow on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet just slow on my PC: Hello! I started having this issue 2 days ago where the internet on my PC was slow, it did connect and everything but everything was slow. Websites stopped working and was loading too long, messages took too long to send all grayed out. The internet works every now and then,...
  8. Internet just slow on my PC

9. slow internet download

slow internet download: Hi, first of all I am virtually computer illiterate so my apologies in advance. My internet download speed is randomly so SLOW. Sometimes, right when I start up my PC it will download fast but then it'll change to a very slow download speed that is frankly unacceptable. I...
  10. Why is my download from the internet so slow?

Why is my download from the internet so slow?: All of a sudden I can't seem to download from the internet it is off and on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-is-my-download-from-the-internet-so-slow/4917f1cb-da26-492d-898a-bf0c95936712