Windows 10: Downloading help from steam

Discus and support Downloading help from steam in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; In my computer I have 2 hard drives. one small and one big. The small one was default when i got my computer. The game that needs updated is downloaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by gtighe, Nov 19, 2016.

1. gtighe Win User

Downloading help from steam

In my computer I have 2 hard drives. one small and one big. The small one was default when i got my computer. The game that needs updated is downloaded on my small drive and I'm wonder if i can make the update download on my bigger drive... If i need to do the update in the same drive as my game then can i move the game over to my bigger drive?

:)

gtighe, Nov 19, 2016
  2. BRCjr Win User

Steam Desktop shortcuts not working since Windows 10 update ;___;

I was just reading that for Windows 10 to download Steam App from Windows Store. I hope that helps and works. Steam Tile and other Steam Apps Free at Windows Store.

BRCjr, Nov 19, 2016
  3. windows 10 and steam stop start download issue

The steam client for downloading PC games has stopped working correctly where it used to download without issue about two builds ago.

Downloads used to be continuous but now stop and start intermittently. Making a 30 min download about 4-6 hours. Checked workarounds and no fixes available through steam.

Yet steam works perfectly when I login to windows 7 without any issues.

Seems more like a Windows problem than a Steam one.

Please help, this is the only thing preventing me from ditching Windows 7 altogether.

TIA

Virtual_Jay, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Downloading help from steam

Just move Steam folder to the bigger drive and then launch steam, it will take care of everything.

TairikuOkami, Nov 19, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
  6. gtighe Win User
    Will that go faster than just selecting it and moving it to the D drive?

gtighe, Nov 19, 2016
  7. gtighe Win User
    I tried it and it did go faster. Thank you so much for your help the update worked

gtighe, Nov 19, 2016
  8. vgchat Win User

Also for future game installations, familiarize yourself with steam libraries. Just incase you decide to add more HDD's in the future.

Moving a Steam Installation and Games - General Troubleshooting - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

How do I change the default installation path for my games?

Games are installed to the following folder by default:
    C:\Program Files\Steam (x86)\SteamApps\Common
    You can create an alternate location on any drive, which you can choose in the future when installing games.

• Navigate to your Steam client 'Settings' menu.
    • Select 'Steam Library Folders' from the 'Downloads' tab.

Downloading help from steam [​IMG]
    • From here, you can view your default installation path, as well as creating a new path by selecting 'Add Library Folder'.

Downloading help from steam [​IMG]
    • Once you have created the new path, all future installations can be installed there.

vgchat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloading help from steam - Similar Threads - Downloading help steam

2. Download steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download steam: I keep trying to download steam on windows 11 but it says "search the Microsoft store" instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-steam/772f7a78-638f-4633-84b7-5578d2500a10
  3. Download steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download steam: I keep trying to download steam on windows 11 but it says "search the Microsoft store" instead https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-steam/772f7a78-638f-4633-84b7-5578d2500a10
  4. steam help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    steam help: when launched as an administrator, my program runs all links as an administrator with no additional uac prompts. however, i need a specific link to not run as an administrator while the program that is used to run the link need to run as an administrator. i need to do this to...
  5. steam help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    steam help: when launched as an administrator, my program runs all links as an administrator with no additional uac prompts. however, i need a specific link to not run as an administrator while the program that is used to run the link need to run as an administrator. i need to do this to...
  6. Windows restarts on steam download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restarts on steam download: windows keeps restarting when ever i try to download on steam im getting no steam errors or errors in event other then improper restart iv replaced all my harddrives had a computer tech look over the computer and he found no hardware issues...steam insists this is a windows...
  7. Fix Steam Download Stopping Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Steam Download Stopping Error: There are so many users who are still going through the Steam keeps stopping download error. This error basically happens due to internet connection issues, region restrictions, bandwidth restrictions, program conflicts, etc. However, there are different methods available on...
  8. windows freeze when downloading games from steam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows freeze when downloading games from steam: hello, this problem happens only when i download games from steam. when the games start to download, it runs fine for a while, and then the computer start to lag and finally freeze stand still, even the ctrl + alt + del didn’t work, so i have to shut my pc down using the...
  9. Terraria wont open- steam download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Terraria wont open- steam download: I downloaded terraria on my windows 10 it won't open. The application says it begins to open and windows installer will appear but both close within a matter of seconds and Terraria remains unopened....
  10. Computer hangs/lags when downloading from Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer hangs/lags when downloading from Steam: This started happening yesterday. Whenever I download a game from steam after a couple of minutes my whole system starts to hang (mouse lags, audio lags, programs lag) and I get high CPU usage in windows explorer, Avast, System Interrupts, and Steam. I've read a couple places...