Windows 10: downloading issues

Discus and support downloading issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have my downloads to set to ask first and usually that happens. Then all of a sudden it stopped and sometimes it opens up in acrobat or paint without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coffeemenow, May 9, 2020.

1. downloading issues

I have my downloads to set to ask first and usually that happens. Then all of a sudden it stopped and sometimes it opens up in acrobat or paint without downloading. I do a lot of downloading for work and I prefer it asks me where to download without opening it's a timesaver if I'm downloading multiple files . How to I make sure that always asks me where to download and then I get that ribbon at the bottom asking me what to do. Sadly, I'm stuck running the new edge which is way too much like chrome and I never did like chrome . Thanks "_

:)

coffeemenow, May 9, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 9, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 9, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

downloading issues

download issue

Hello,

To help us isolate the cause of this issue with downloading apps from the store, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you experience this issue when downloading a particular app or software?
    • Do you receive any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
    The Windows Store Apps troubleshooter fixes problems that may prevent Windows Store from working properly. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • On the left pane, click View all.
    • Click Windows Store Apps.

Looking forward to your reply and keep us updated with the result of the troubleshooter.

Gino Des, May 9, 2020
Thema:

downloading issues

1. downloading issues - Similar Threads - downloading issues

2. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  3. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...: When I download an app, it will download and run. When the computer is turned off and on again, the downloaded app is gone. I'm having the same problem with Facebook. I need to get a verification every time. I followed those instructions to fix it, but it didn't, and I'm not...
  4. My downloads to two particular apps disappear when I restart, also an issue needing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable: When I attempt to download the most current X64 version of the Visual C++ redistributable it gives me an error saying that there is already a download in progress. How do I correct? I have restarted multiple times.I am downloading from this link...
  6. Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable

Issue with downloading visual C++ redistibutable: When I attempt to download the most current X64 version of the Visual C++ redistributable it gives me an error saying that there is already a download in progress. How do I correct? I have restarted multiple times.I am downloading from this link...
  7. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  8. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  9. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

10. I just got an issue with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store in the latest update of MS.

I just got an issue with apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store in the latest update of MS.: In the latest update of Windows 11 and the Microsoft store MS, I encountered a rather annoying error: Apps downloaded from the Microsoft Store cannot be enabled in the Startupapps section of task manager. Furthermore, it cannot find the .exe file link of applications which...