Windows 10: Downloading Java

Discus and support Downloading Java in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LauriTomlinson, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Downloading Java

Hello, recently I've been trying to download Java to download shaders on Minecraft. Whenever I get to the stage that I open Optifine with Java it comes up with an error message of "Could not download java". I've tried deleting, redownloading, reseting ect and I've checked that all of my software is up to date... does anyone know how to solve this or is my laptop simply not good enough to run it? P.S. Sorry if I put this in the wrong category, I was not sure which one it would be put under :

:)

LauriTomlinson, Dec 7, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User

Latest version of Java

Just to go a little deeper for ap1978: What is the difference between Java SDK, JRE, JVM, Java SE Runtime, and J2SE? - Quora

Cliff S, Dec 7, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    I can't download Java (2020)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to download Java on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the error message that you receive when attempting to download Java?
    • Do you see this error while downloading from a browser? If yes, does it happen on all the browsers?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
      Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

If you are receiving a 403 error, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions mentioned in the article
    Error 403: Error downloading Java to your machine and see if that helps.

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 7, 2021
  4. Downloading Java

Java .jar file is not downloaded as a java file.

"Reinstall or update Java Runtime Environment

If you can’t run jar files on your Windows 10 PC, you might need to reinstall Java Runtime Environment. To do that, follow these steps:

Press Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.

When the Settings app opens, go to the System section. Now, choose Apps & features from the left pane.

Locate Java from the list and choose the Uninstall option.

After doing that, navigate to Java’s website and download the latest version of the software. Once installed, check if the problem is resolved. Keep in mind that it’s not mandatory that you remove your previous Java installation, so you can skip that step and
    just install the latest version on top.

Java will also automatically check for updates, and if updates are available you’ll get a notification. To update Java, simply click the notification and choose the Update option. Now follow the instructions to complete the update"

More details here:

https://windowsreport.com/jar-files-not-opening...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DouglasMillar69, Dec 7, 2021
Thema:

Downloading Java

1. Downloading Java - Similar Threads - Downloading Java

2. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  3. I can't download Minecraft Java edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java edition: I trying to download Java edition of minecraft to my windows 11 system. I have been able to download Bedrock Edition, but in the minecraft launcher the Java Edition still says "Buy Now". It was purchased as a bundle of both editions. Do I have to uninstall Bedrock to install...
  4. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  5. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads: Hello, I activated Minecraft in my Microsoft store, but I can download only Minecraft for Windows. And when I enter my account in it gives an error "drowned".In the Store itself I have games are shown but when downloading them appears only a slider and the download itself...
  6. How to solve the issue with Microsoft store and minecraft java downloads

7. wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...: # # Afatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00007ffe02063ca0, pid=15828, tid=11324 # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-8035246 17.0.8+7 build 17.0.8+7-LTS # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit...
  8. wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...

wont allow me to download creeper overhaul mod pack into minecraft java. it crashes...: # # Afatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment: # # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0xc0000005 at pc=0x00007ffe02063ca0, pid=15828, tid=11324 # # JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment Microsoft-8035246 17.0.8+7 build 17.0.8+7-LTS # Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit...
  9. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do? Error Code: 0x80004005...
  10. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do? Error Code: 0x80004005...