Windows 10: Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

Discus and support Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am unable to download from Language Options (a mere 33MB of Handwriting). It keeps stopping/failing without any error code. My connection is NOT set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hello10, Nov 5, 2018.

1. hello10 Win User

Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

I am unable to download from Language Options (a mere 33MB of Handwriting). It keeps stopping/failing without any error code.

My connection is NOT set to Metered. Any ideas?

:)

hello10, Nov 5, 2018
  2. jsmithy1 Win User

Language options fail to download

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately the suggestions are of no help and don't address the specific issues I raise.

How do I change the Speech language if English (United States) is the only option and yet if I try to download the Speech pack for English (UK) it fails?

The link you sent to language packs has no download links as far as I can see but the page just lists languages.

Still not fixed...

Download fails every time.

jsmithy1, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Speech language pack is not download!!

i have understood all your steps to activate cortana in my region(india). But i just stopped in downloading the speech package in english :india language pack. my language pack is not downloading , and just keeps on failing.

ashishkolwar, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

Language feature keeps failing to download.

Hello everyone,

Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it
    tries again about a minute later. I get a notification every time the attempt starts and fails, which is very frequent and it is driving me crazy. Can anyone tell me how to either make the download succeed or just stop the attempt from happening altogether?
    Do I even need this feature? Please help me Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing :(

Frustrated windows user 101, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing

1. Downloading Language Options Keeps Stopping/Failing - Similar Threads - Downloading Language Options

2. Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.: In my new windows 11 language setting, I trying to install additional language from "Add a language list" under the "Preferred Language". But the download fail, the download indicator stops at 80%. Kindly advise how to resolve it....
  3. Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional language download fail, the download indicator keeping stops at 80%.: In my new windows 11 language setting, I trying to install additional language from "Add a language list" under the "Preferred Language". But the download fail, the download indicator stops at 80%. Kindly advise how to resolve it....
  4. How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop autmatic installation of Language options.: Situation For various reasons, we use a third-party patch management tool to install patches. We look forward to the future of peer-to-peer Windows updates. Recently we enabled UAC to increase security. But now all users with local administrator rights get a UAC popup when...
  5. Canceling Optional Language Features download

Canceling Optional Language Features download: Hi, I wanted to start typing in Mandarin on my Windows 10 PC, so I installed several different input languages for Chinese. I removed the input languages that I didn't like, but I didn't know that the optional features were still being downloaded, resulting in a pile-up of...
  6. Language feature keeps failing to download.

Language feature keeps failing to download.: Hello everyone, Today I added another language to my laptop (English GB) and my system started downloading the features for this language. This was all fine, until it tried to download the English (GB) speech recognition. The download keeps failing halfway through and it...
  7. Download Language typing features FAILED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Language typing features FAILED: Hello, just recently reinstalled my laptop.. Now every day in on it, i get several prompts from windows to "download language typing features" When i press the notification, it says something with "we are adding..." i press that and i direct to page "manage optional...
  8. Optional features keep downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Optional features keep downloading: Despite numerous registry tweaks I applied, I still get these stupid optional features to download and install shortly after Windows boots for the first time. For example, "optical character recognition". Is there anything I can do? 113551
  9. 10182 keeps on failing to download?

in Windows 10 Support
    10182 keeps on failing to download?: I have the update 10182, but every time I try to get it to download it errors out. And it has now disappeared, and I can't get it back? 8194
  10. Keeps saying failed to download ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeps saying failed to download ?: Having big problems with downloading anything as it keeps saying failed all the time so tried on an upgraded Win 7 and no problem....? Cleared out old downloads but still no luck....using Firefox. Appreciate any help thanks *Smile 49103