Windows 10: Downloading media information

Discus and support Downloading media information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I download media information when adding a cd to my Microsoft media player?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonaldChitts, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Downloading media information

How do I download media information when adding a cd to my Microsoft media player?

:)

DonaldChitts, Jul 20, 2020

2. Windows Media Player - song information encoding

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

As you said ‘’ Title, Album, Artist, and other information are garbled on Windows 10’’ is the information is totally incorrect or it is not displaying properly? Please elaborate.

Meanwhile, try the below steps if you have problem with the information. I suggest you to run Windows Media Player troubleshooter, it will automatically fix the problems with Windows media player. Please follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + C on your keyboard to show the Charms bar.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting
      under Settings.

• Now type Troubleshooter in the search option.

• In the search option in the new window, type Media Player
      and click on Windows Media Player Settings Troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If the issue is with display, please try the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. Downloading media information

download windows media player

Hi Anthony,

There are some factors that we need to consider regarding your Windows Media player like the issue installing/downloading it or issue locating it. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions
    below:

• Are you downloading/installing a Windows media player?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?

If your Windows 10 is updated, we suggest that you check this
    forum article
    posted by
    Andre Da Costa
    for more information.

Let us know the result if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

Downloading media information

1. Downloading media information - Similar Threads - Downloading media information

2. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  3. Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Media Controls and Information. Accuracy?: Windows 11, as in Windows 10, has controls and track information on the Lock Screen.In Windows 10, this was very accurate complete with Album Art.In Windows 11, this information seems to be inaccurate or missing....
  4. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  5. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't edit media information: I have tried to edit a music file, but it doesn't allow me to edit or apply them.Below is the capture of the problem.This is the information from that file:Type: MP3Origin: DownloadPlease fix it for me. Thank you....
  6. I can't edit media information

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. media downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    media downloads: I'm unable to download media to the JW Library app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-downloads/e5f1127c-8cb5-49a6-b6b8-ea2dd964cd93
  8. Program not able to download information

Program not able to download information: I have a program called Sportsystem entry manager the program works on my windows 10 laptop but not my desktop pc which is the preferred machine. The program works as in it starts but it is meant to connect to the internet to download swimming information but it won't. I have...
  9. Media Player - Find Album Information

Media Player - Find Album Information: When I try to Update Album Information from online servers the default server is: musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com This server seems unable to find any music, even music that was previously found! Previous versions of Media Player on my previous laptop searched for album...
  10. Folder Media Information

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Media Information: Hello, Last week I did the free upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 and I was wondering what happened to the media information in folders of my videos. Windows 7 had the file size, file type, run time etc of the highlighted video and I believe audio files. Is it gone or...