Windows 10: Downloading photos from iPhone

Discus and support Downloading photos from iPhone in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi and thanks in advance! When I try to download photos from my iPhone 8 an action I have been doing for years - using the PHOTOS App on Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Macdonald Andy, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Downloading photos from iPhone

Hi and thanks in advance!

When I try to download photos from my iPhone 8 an action I have been doing for years - using the PHOTOS App on Windows 10

It gets to the point where it seems to see all the pictures - but then just freezes.

The only action from there is to go into task manager and shut the app down.

I have approx. 2,000 photos on the phone - could this be the issue? If so is there an alternative way to download?

Thanks

Andy

:)

Andrew Macdonald Andy, Jun 19, 2020

2. how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

I suggest you use the search string "Iphone photo transfer" but I found this:

How to Transfer Photo from iPod to Computer?

DaedalusHelios, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Ivycao Win User
    how to transfer photos from iphone to pc?

There are some photos in my iphone and I want to transfer them to my pc for editing.The problem is,none of these photos was taken by iphone so it's not easy to transfer.I have done it once before but this time it doesn't work out.I really don't know which step is wrong!Could u pls help me...

Ivycao, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Downloading photos from iPhone

window 10 will not download photo's from my iPhone 6 it keeps asking me to try again

Hi Philmal,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• How are you trying to download the photos from your IPhone?
    • Are you using Photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps

If this is the first time you are connecting the iPhone to your PC, you might a get a notification on your iPhone with trust option. Tap the Trust button to continue.

Step 1: Switch to the Start screen, click or tap Photos app tile to run the app.

Step 2: Right-click anywhere on the Photos app to see
    Import option in the lower right corner of the screen.

Step 3: Click or tap
    Import button to view list of all connected devices to your PC.

Step 4: Click or tap your iPhone entry, select photos and videos that you would like to import, and then click or tap
    Import button to start transferring selected photos and videos to your PC.

Refer the link below and check if it helps

Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Downloading photos from iPhone

1. Downloading photos from iPhone - Similar Threads - Downloading photos iPhone

2. Downloading from iphone using Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading from iphone using Photo App: The Photo App no longer lets me select to download photos from my iphone automatically into date folders. Up until 6 weeks ago, I would designate a folder and all the photos would download into subfolders named by date. It was the only way to efficiently manage photos. It...
  3. Cannot download pics from my iPhone to photos

Cannot download pics from my iPhone to photos: I cannot download pics to the Photos app. When I plug my iPhone into the computer and select the download from USB option, not all of the photos show up and yes they are downloaded to my phone, they are not just in iCloud. Then when I try to import the pictures I keep...
  4. Downloading photos from iPhone onto desktop

Downloading photos from iPhone onto desktop: I have an iPhone which I use to download photos onto my notebook. When downloading photos it says that it’s downloading new photos. Is there a way of downloading new files to external hard drive or another file folder after downloading to the default folder?...
  5. Problem with downloading photos from iPhone to PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with downloading photos from iPhone to PC: The version of my iPhone is the latest, I also have icloud app installed on the computer. My iPhone was working fine, but I don’t know why for some unknown reason it downloaded only part of my photos to the computer...
  6. iPhone photo download issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iPhone photo download issue: I decided to ask here before I start contacting Windows and Apple about this problem. I am trying to download some photos from an iPhone 8 running the latest version of iOS via the USB cable to a computer running latest version of Windows 10. (I am running the latest...
  7. Download photos from iPhone 7

Download photos from iPhone 7: How do you get the iPhone device v7 to show up in the explorer window so I can copy photos to my Windows 10 PC? I doesn't show up after connecting cable from iPhone to pc....
  8. Not all photos get downloaded from iPhone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not all photos get downloaded from iPhone: I want to download my photos from iPhone but only part of them get downloaded. So I make an attempt to download them again but the system duplicate the photos I have downloaded before...
  9. difficulty downloading photos from iphone

difficulty downloading photos from iphone: I seem to always have trouble trying to download photos from my iphone. It gets to the point where it has identified all the new photos and when I select the import option, I get the very unhelpful message "something went wrong." I have tried restarting, unplugging my phone...
  10. IPhone photo download to laptop

IPhone photo download to laptop: This is a TWO PART QUESTION... 1... This morning my new computer with Windows 10 asked me how I would like to open the window when I plug in my iPhone... I mistakenly said download photos and videos... I'd rather change that to OPEN FILE FOLDER... How do I change the...