Windows 10: Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

Discus and support Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi all, I recently bought Sea of Thieves, but I'm having trouble downloading the game. Whenever I try to download the game, it stops automatically... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jasperrob88, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

Hi all,

I recently bought Sea of Thieves, but I'm having trouble downloading the game.

Whenever I try to download the game, it stops automatically after 30 seconds or so giving error code 0x80073cf9.

I tried several things that I found on this forum to solve it but none of them works. (making a file AUInstaller, resetting my windows store, things with the command prompt center...)

Maybe it is relevant to tell you I don't download the game on my local disk "C:" but on a "Data G:" disk. Hopefully someone can help me with this because it would be unfortunate to waste 35 euro's on this game.

Thanks for your time.

Jasper.

:)

Jasperrob88, Dec 30, 2018
  2. NazuKN Win User

Error code 0x80073CF9 with Sea of Thieves

Hi,

I recently got the 14-day free Game Pass trial to try out Sea of Thieves, and i keep getting an error code 0x80073CF9 and out of curiosity i tried it with my Xbox One and it worked fine. Then i tried Gears of War 4 on the PC and it gave me the same error
    as Sea of Thieves. I've been researching it for the past 2 days and tried every solution i can find and even did a full PC reset and it still doesn't work. It's very frustrating and i would like to know if there's anything more i can do about it because i
    would really like to try this game on my PC.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games]

NazuKN, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Bjerre102 Win User
    code: 0x80073CF9 When im trying to install Sea of Thieves

Hello and thanks for your reply.

The first 3 suggestions didn't fix the issue. The troubleshooter didn't find any problems, the wsreset command didn't fix it and there were no updates in windows update. The 4th suggestion was a bit confusing to me as i didn't really understand what to do.
    I should also mention that sometimes it shows this error code instead 0x80070005 but still mostly this one 0x80073cf9. There was also an update to another app that had an error code that i fixed quite easily by just retrying the installation (i don't remember
    which error code exactly but it was one of the two i get with Sea of Thieves).

Thanks for trying to help me.

Bjerre102, Dec 30, 2018
  4. KobyTran Win User

Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

Sea of Thieves error code 0x803F8001

So my friend and I want to play Sea of Thieves and a friend of his got Sea of Thieves through "game sharing". My friend gave me his password and email so I can install Sea of Thieves on my computer and I did. It normally stop working a day or two later.
    I was wondering why I get error code 0x803F8001 when I launch sea of thieves?

This was exactly what it said: "Sea of Thieves is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001"

Thank you

KobyTran, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

1. Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9) - Similar Threads - Downloading Sea Thieves

2. sea of thieves download slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sea of thieves download slow: im trying to install sea of thieves but the download speed is 267 KB/S but i have a internet connection of 5 MB/s down and 1 MB/s up all games download at that speed but not sea of thieves. if i install multiple games at the same time all download speed are good but not the...
  3. Sea of thieves error code 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of thieves error code 0x80070005: My friend buyed the game 1 and a half hour ago, he tried to install it and it gives the error listed above. When he preesses install even on xbox app and microsoft store it gives the error at 0%. He is not the single one to have this problem because the forum of sea of...
  4. error code 0xC03F6603 with sea of thieves

error code 0xC03F6603 with sea of thieves: when trying to download sea of thieves it first says starting installation the it says something with license and then it just says error and the error code is 0xC03F6603 its frustrating as its the only game that does this and i payed 40$ for it...
  5. Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves: Hello, I'm getting error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload Sea of Thieves and The Outer Worlds from the Microsoft Store/Xbox app. I have succefully downloaded them before, but no longer can. I haven't encountered this with games I haven't played/downloaded before....
  6. Can't download Sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download Sea of thieves: Hey, when I try to download Sea of thieves from the microsoft store, I click on install, It takes me to the driver choosing page, I choose my driver with more than 100 GB of free space, but when I click on install nothing happens....
  7. Sea of Thieves won't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves won't download: I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store, but instead of downloading, I get the text saying "error", after saying "acquiring license". I've tried restarting the Microsoft Store and restarting my PC with no effect. Is there a way to fix this issue?...
  8. Sea of Thieves not downloading

Sea of Thieves not downloading: I deleted Sea of Thieves and my plan was to move it to my other drive on my pc. when I uninstalled it through the windows search bar when it came up I go to the Microsoft store and to my library its not showing up sea of thieves. But when I look it up in the Microsoft store...
  9. Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours

Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours: other games normally display a Mb/s rate, but sea of thieves isnt giving any of this and the progress meter isnt going up. Ive tried reseting pc, deleting cache, reseting pc as it downloads as a workaround but nothing. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Sea of Thieves (0x80073CF9) install error -- Microsoft Store is a piece of garbage.

Sea of Thieves (0x80073CF9) install error -- Microsoft Store is a piece of garbage.: Problem Explanation I am attempting to download/install Sea of Thieves using Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 system, and am getting the error 0x80073CF9. I am not using Xbox subscription for this, I actually bought the complete game for full price back in January, 2019....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. code: 0x80073cfc sea of thieves

2. fix error code 0xc8000444

3. when downloading sea of theives it has errors

4. sea of thieves error downloading,
  5. 0x80073cf9 sea of thieves,
  6. downloading error sea of thieves,
  7. sea of thives 0x80073cf9,
  8. sea of thieves download error 0x80073cf9