Windows 10: Downloading shifts icons bug?

Discus and support Downloading shifts icons bug? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have encountered this really annoying bug sometimes where downloading will place the item in front of all the icons on the desktop instead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BunRecruiter, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Downloading shifts icons bug?

I have encountered this really annoying bug sometimes where downloading will place the item in front of all the icons on the desktop instead of the back, this results in all my icons shifting back in one grid. I have auto arrange icons disabled. This is on Windows 10, and there isn't much information on this issue. How do you fix this?

Relevant: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...e/9c2d8cd0-c987-40c2-b9e8-f436fe83b2ff?auth=1

submitted by /u/BunRecruiter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BunRecruiter, Aug 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 - Icons shift

Hi Kerry,

Failure to keep the icons on your preferred arrangements can be related to how the
    Auto arrange icons option is setup. To isolate you concern, we suggest that you confirm that this option is not checked on your settings. To do this, here are the steps:

• Right-click on a blank space on your desktop.
    • Hover your cursor to the View option.
    • From the list of options, click the following options deselect them:
      • Auto arrange icons.
      • Align icons to the grid.

Downloading shifts icons bug? 7655eaaf-7ddf-4ac2-8cde-feea45fd16f3.png

Once you're done, replicate the concern and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us and update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Resize and rearrange desktop icons with ctrl+shift+(1-0)

To change your desktop icons from vertical to horizontal, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select small icons.

Once done, try to change again the size and display of your desktop icons using the
    Ctrl+shift+(1-0) mode and check if the same issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Acelyn Alc, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Downloading shifts icons bug?

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Downloading shifts icons bug?

1. Downloading shifts icons bug? - Similar Threads - Downloading shifts icons

2. Windows 11 bug when press Shift and right click on a taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bug when press Shift and right click on a taskbar icon.: I'm trying to run a windows terminal as an administrator using the Taskbat icon. To do this, I click Shift and right click on the icon in the taskbar. Explorer freezes and restarts. And so several times after everything works ok. Often this happens after a new reboot of the...
  3. Windows 11 bug when press Shift and right click on a taskbar icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 bug when press Shift and right click on a taskbar icon.: I'm trying to run a windows terminal as an administrator using the Taskbat icon. To do this, I click Shift and right click on the icon in the taskbar. Explorer freezes and restarts. And so several times after everything works ok. Often this happens after a new reboot of the...
  4. System icons bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System icons bug: I got a new laptop, and hours after installing the hundreds of updates to my NEW computer, I restarted it, and after booting, the system icons disappeared. I searched the web, finding that toggling some taskbar settings can cause the icons to show. None of the settings seemed...
  5. Icon bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon bug: I am on windows 10 and i want to change the recycle bin shortcut icon from my custom dustbin icon to the default recycle icon. But it is changing to the recycle bin icon of windows 7 but I am on windows 10 version 21h1. The same does happen on This PC shortcut icon. Can...
  6. Icons are bugging out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons are bugging out.: The icons on my desktop are bugged out, and the icons on my file explorer are all blacked out. I ran sfc scan and it told me there were corrupt files but it couldn't fix it, what to do?...
  7. Desktop icons have shifted

Desktop icons have shifted: I booted up my desktop today and all my icon images have shifted to the left but the links for the programs are still where they originally were https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-have-shifted/8596f182-93db-47f8-b5eb-bdccd5d37703
  8. Blank icon bug.

Blank icon bug.: My non-admin local account The only local account I have has some desktop icons as blank icons. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icon-bug/09dd2471-f74f-4944-a0dc-a7974b643825
  9. shifting icons in notification tray

shifting icons in notification tray: I have seen this problem all over the internet with no resolution. The icons in the notification area of the taskbar are shifting to the right and left continuously. I have factory reset the computer and done a clean reboot. There are no additional programs installed. All...
  10. Icon Change - Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon Change - Bug: I tried to change the Folder Icon in its settings, but every time I try to give it a picture I download with the right pixels it will not change. Even if I click apply and then ok, it only worked once and then I moved it and it went back to normal again....