Windows 10: Downloading the most recent KB

Discus and support Downloading the most recent KB in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am doing this because I am still trying to find why my last Windows Updates are failing, and because I am not ready for an In-Place Upgrade. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by battlezone, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Downloading the most recent KB

I am doing this because I am still trying to find why my last Windows Updates are failing, and because I am not ready for an In-Place Upgrade.

I am referring to the instructions given on this MS page:

support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

It says:

• Go to the Update history page.
    • Find the most recent update KB for the version of Windows 10 you have – it’s usually at the top of the list – and either write the KB number down or copy it
    • Go to the Microsoft Update site and search for the KB number.
    Under View Update history in Settings, I see only the latest attempts to install the 2018 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 V1803 for (KB4462919) and the failed Security Update (KB4462919).

That means I see two KB numbers. In the instructions under 3, which KB number are they talking about? Are they even talking about any one of the two listed KB numbers in Update History (failed updates), or are they talking about the KB number(s) of the last successful update. If the latter, I don't have them, because I cleared the Update History in Settings.

:)

battlezone, Oct 17, 2018

2. Downloading the most recent KB

I am doing this because I am still trying to find why my last Windows Updates are failing, and because I am not ready for an In-Place Upgrade.

I am referring to the instructions given on this MS page:

support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/10164/fix-windows-update-errors

It says:

• Go to the Update history page.
    • Find the most recent update KB for the version of Windows 10 you have – it’s usually at the top of the list – and either write the KB number down or copy it
    • Go to the Microsoft Update site and search for the KB number.
    Under View Update history in Settings, I see only the latest attempts to install the 2018 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 V1803 for (KB4462919) and the failed Security Update (KB4462919).

That means I see two KB numbers. In the instructions under 3, which KB number are they talking about? Are they even talking about any one of the two listed KB numbers in Update History (failed updates), or are they talking about the KB number(s) of the last successful update. If the latter, I don't have them, because I cleared the Update History in Settings.

battlezone, Oct 17, 2018
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Downloading the most recent KB

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Downloading the most recent KB

1. Downloading the most recent KB - Similar Threads - Downloading recent

2. Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-built-my-pc-downloaded-windows-11-but-it/e504facd-e881-4b3a-bcfa-d5e227450fba
  3. Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently built my pc downloaded windows 11 but it never installed my network adapter for my...: Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recently-built-my-pc-downloaded-windows-11-but-it/e504facd-e881-4b3a-bcfa-d5e227450fba
  4. Hello, I've recently got an error when trying to download any sort of windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, I've recently got an error when trying to download any sort of windows update. Is...: This problem has recently accured. I've tried researching how to fix it, looking into it plently of times. Attempted the different ways other people have had even the ones that are similar and nothing seems to work. I stopped looking for solutions a little while ago since...
  5. Hello, I've recently got an error when trying to download any sort of windows update. Is...

Hello, I've recently got an error when trying to download any sort of windows update. Is...: This problem has recently accured. I've tried researching how to fix it, looking into it plently of times. Attempted the different ways other people have had even the ones that are similar and nothing seems to work. I stopped looking for solutions a little while ago since...
  6. After recent windows reinstall I can no longer download and install Minecraft as the bundle...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    After recent windows reinstall I can no longer download and install Minecraft as the bundle...: I recently had to reinstall windows on my daughters PC due to Hard drive running at 100% issue, which this was caused by a windows update and blew the PCU it took sometime to resolve, I'm now needing to reinstall some of the app and games that my daughter used. I have run...
  7. After recent windows reinstall I can no longer download and install Minecraft as the bundle...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After recent windows reinstall I can no longer download and install Minecraft as the bundle...: I recently had to reinstall windows on my daughters PC due to Hard drive running at 100% issue, which this was caused by a windows update and blew the PCU it took sometime to resolve, I'm now needing to reinstall some of the app and games that my daughter used. I have run...
  8. After recent windows reinstall I can no longer download and install Minecraft as the bundle...

9. How do I get a folder to show the most recent downloaded file in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get a folder to show the most recent downloaded file in Windows 11?: I need my folders to show files in order of when the files were downloaded, not when they were created or modified, how can I do this?None of the sorting options work.Thanks in advance....
  10. How do I get a folder to show the most recent downloaded file in Windows 11?

How do I get a folder to show the most recent downloaded file in Windows 11?: I need my folders to show files in order of when the files were downloaded, not when they were created or modified, how can I do this?None of the sorting options work.Thanks in advance....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the most recent windows kb

2. recent kb