Windows 10: Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10

Discus and support Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I am a technoboob, and I've just bought a new Dell with MS 10 (had MS 7 before), AND ALL MY OLD FILES AND PICS ARE LOADED ON A THUMB DRIVE WHICH I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Slapshot11MX, May 31, 2019.

1. Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10

Hi! I am a technoboob, and I've just bought a new Dell with MS 10 (had MS 7 before), AND ALL MY OLD FILES AND PICS ARE LOADED ON A THUMB DRIVE WHICH I WOULD LIKE TO download into my new computer. I have the thumb drive inserted into a USB port on the front of the desktop computer but I cannot figure out how to make the info go into my computer. Help!

:)

Slapshot11MX, May 31, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 31, 2019
  3. kc4raf Win User
    USB thumb flash drives are "write protected"

Bought 4 PNY 16GB USB thumb drives and every time I try to format them, the computer kicks back that they are write protected. Have tried ALL the solutions listed and explained in the 10 forums here, and nothing works to disable the write protection on my machine. Tried diskpart, Command Prompt, and Computer Configuration and nothing resolves my problem. BTW, there's no switch on these USB drives.
    Anybody know of a fix?
    My machine is Dell Optiplex 960 w/6 Gb memory.
    Thanks for reading my post and possibly helping me,
    73s

kc4raf, May 31, 2019
  4. Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10

Windows 10 : USB thumb drives are unusable

I have a Windows 10 Pro (v.1703) laptop that denies writing of data to usb thumb drives.

I've tried several drives and all behave the same:

The OS sees the drive and can read data written to it by Windows 7 computers.

The drive can be formatted by Windows 10.

Attempts to write data to the drive result in this error :

Destination Folder Access Denied.

I AM an admin on this computer yet some additional admin rights are required to

write to the USB drive. I am never prompted for credentials.

I can find no tool with which to grant the necessary rights, so rendering all usb

thumb drives incompatible with this computer.

I have tried many solutions (RegEdits, etc) to this rather disasterous issue and none have

been effective.

Frustrating indeed.

Any suggestions ?

Sean Nelson (snelson), May 31, 2019
Thema:

Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10

1. Downloading throught a USB with a thumb drive on a Dell w/MS 10 - Similar Threads - Downloading throught USB

2. Downloading pictures on thumb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading pictures on thumb drive: I am in the process of downloading all my pictures from onedrive onto a thumb drive. It holds 60000 pictures. If the thumb drive gets full and I have pictures left and I get a new thumb drive how do I download the other pictures without duplicating them?* Moved from Community...
  3. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  4. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Thumb Drive: Earlier today my thumb drive was working fine but now when I plug it in to view it it only shows up in files for a few seconds then disappears. In devices it says that it is connected but won't let me view files. I also tried it on a chrome book but would not work. Any ways...
  5. Usb Thumb Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Access thumb drive in MS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access thumb drive in MS 11: Cant see the plugged in thumbdrive in this MS 11 updated computer HP Spectre 360 i7 ? How can I see it & download files from it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-thumb-drive-in-ms-11/9347a4a9-75c0-4e6e-96d6-a09e83bf01ce
  7. Access thumb drive in MS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access thumb drive in MS 11: Cant see the plugged in thumbdrive in this MS 11 updated computer HP Spectre 360 i7 ? How can I see it & download files from it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-thumb-drive-in-ms-11/9347a4a9-75c0-4e6e-96d6-a09e83bf01ce
  8. USB thumb drives

USB thumb drives: Sorry not really a w10 issue but how much actual data should I expect to get from a 32g drive? I just bought one and it is only 28.6 should I return it? I contacted Sandisk and this is what they said; Thank you for contacting SanDisk® Global Customer Support. I understand...
  9. backup to usb thumb drives?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup to usb thumb drives?: Is it possible to do backups to thumbdrives? If so, is it possible to do those backups with common backup apps such as macrim and/or AOMEI? If so what are the pros and cons? Windows 10 Pro 64 bit CPU: i7-4770k @350GHz Ram: 16GB Graphics: Radeon 580 8GB vram Winver 1903...
  10. downloading pictures to thumb drive

downloading pictures to thumb drive: How do I download a group of pictures to a thumb drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloading-pictures-to-thumb-drive/dfbb66b3-b2cb-4f88-9001-a26cf79c0e6c