Windows 10: Downloading to a different hard drive

Discus and support Downloading to a different hard drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SpookyCroissant, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Downloading to a different hard drive

I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to make the evo drive, or F:, what things automatically download to. I have done 3 things to make this work yet nothing has changed. I've...

1. Within explorer, gone into setting and, under downloads, changed where they save from C: to F:.

2. Within the computer, gone into setting>system>storage>change where new content is saved and switched all to F:.

3. Within the computer, gone straight to the C: drive>users folder>owner>downloads and right clicked downloads. Then I selected properties>location tab and changed the drive from C: to F:.

None of these methods work, and now when I try to redo the 3rd method the location tab doesn't show up anymore. If someone could help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated as I am lost.

:)

SpookyCroissant, Aug 26, 2019
  2. badrobot Win User

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. Downloading to a different hard drive :)

badrobot, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Downloading to a different hard drive

little cat, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Downloading to a different hard drive

1. Downloading to a different hard drive - Similar Threads - Downloading different hard

2. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  3. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc: So, is it possible to remove a hard drive from a pc and replace it with a different hdd and install windows 10 pro with a disc and after it’s done installing, can i just remove the hdd and put it in a new pc and put the other hdd back?...
  4. Downloading windows on a different drive and moving that drive to a different pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to download a game to different drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    how to download a game to different drive: I cant download game to different drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-download-a-game-to-different-drive/0c70b2e2-fc5a-4d9f-b016-84cad0c26e18
  6. downloading to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    downloading to an external hard drive: I recently bought an external hard drive for my hp labtop that connects with a usb cable. I think it has been recognized but I cant seem to look at the storage on it when I go to settings and storage it doesnt show up. Im just trying to download world of warcraft to a file on...
  7. Downloading emails to hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading emails to hard drive: I use Live Mail 2011 which is no longer supported nor available to download. This currently enables me to download emails to store on my hard drive. I also use Windows Mail. Can I download emails to store from Windows Mail? Or am I better buying Outlook assuming this does...
  8. User accounts on different hard drives?

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts on different hard drives?: I currently have a hard drive from another computer that I use as an external drive D2 I'd like to know if it's possible to create a user account on my current drive D1 that would run on D2. I guess you could say 1 tower, 1 screen, 2 hard drives for 2 "computers"...
  9. Why CPU Utilization Is Different Among Different Hard Drives?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why CPU Utilization Is Different Among Different Hard Drives?: Hi all, I'm using Corel VideoStudio X8 Pro to edit video files. However, I've found an issue about the differences among the speed of exporting video using different external hard drives. When I use a 4T Western Digital external hard drive or a 4T Transcend external hard...
  10. moving hard drive to a differant laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving hard drive to a differant laptop: Dog knocked over my laptop and now it doesn't work. Removed the hard deive and bought a used laptop as the broken one. what do I need to due to get the hard drive to run in the new laptop 85006