Windows 10: Downloading to incorrect folder

Discus and support Downloading to incorrect folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently had a need to retrieve a file that I downloaded sometime ago. The download folder did not have it. The most recent file was dated 9/14/2019.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CharlesCastillo1, May 1, 2020.

1. Downloading to incorrect folder

I recently had a need to retrieve a file that I downloaded sometime ago. The download folder did not have it. The most recent file was dated 9/14/2019. After some checking I found that the files are downloaded to a tempstate folder in the provisional app package folders. Those files are deleted the next day.

Does anyone know how to correct the download function to point to the correct folder?

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1909 Installed on 9/14/2019

OS Build 1863.778

12 GB Ram

:)

CharlesCastillo1, May 1, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 1, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Downloading to incorrect folder

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Downloading to incorrect folder

1. Downloading to incorrect folder - Similar Threads - Downloading incorrect folder

2. After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...: While attempting to sync my downloads with OneDrive I forgot to create the new folder and accidentally merged my downloads with OneDrive. Thus, I had no downloads folder and the shortcut for downloads in the "This PC" still had the downloads icon but was called OneDrive and...
  3. After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After incorrectly moving and then recovering my downloads folder the shortcut in the "This...: While attempting to sync my downloads with OneDrive I forgot to create the new folder and accidentally merged my downloads with OneDrive. Thus, I had no downloads folder and the shortcut for downloads in the "This PC" still had the downloads icon but was called OneDrive and...
  4. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  5. OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Folder Icon Incorrect: This happened a few months back and I gave up in frustration because I couldn't figure the issue out. My OneDrive folder icon no longer shows the correct icon and instead displays the default folder icon see screenshots belowThe actions I've taken are resetting OneDrive,...
  6. PUPs appearing after incorrect download

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PUPs appearing after incorrect download: Today I downloaded something I quickly removed it because it wasn't the real one but then Avast Free Antivirus popped up along with SAntivirus. I want to know if they are safe or not. I cant find out how to delete Avast it's not in my settings or control panel, but it's in...
  7. User Folder Name Incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Folder Name Incorrect: Hi all, I know that other posts exist about this problem, but they all seem fairly old so I'm hoping there's a newer (more reliable) solution. I registered my Windows 10 Home Laptop with my pre-existing user account. My name is right in the settings, but for some reason,...
  8. Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties

Incorrect numbers reported in Folder Properties: Hello, I've noticed an error or bug that has begun occurring in the last month with the Properties box. I have a folder that contains more than 4 terabytes of data in more than 23,000 files and yet when I right click within the folder and select Properties, the popup box...
  9. Incorrect folder size on just some folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Incorrect folder size on just some folders: When I right-click and hit "properties" the folder says its total contents is 2.70 GB in size with 1,927 Files. However, if I open the folder, highlight all the folders contained in it, and then hit "properties," the total size comes to 32.3 GB with 2,255 files. The second...
  10. Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files

Incorrect Date on Downloaded Files: I am having issues with downloaded files having a date not corresponding with my systems date. It all began after updating to Windows 10 1803. Files were downloaded on the 1/13/2019 but it's having 2016 date on it and this is affecting my sorting. Any fix for this please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file:///C:/Users/david/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/David RIF (3).PDF

2. packages microsoft.microsoftedge

3. app data/local/packages microsft/micro edge_8wekyb3d8bbwe temp state/downloads

4. file:///C:/Users/bobby/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Getting started with OneDrive.pdf