Windows 10: Downloading to the D drive

Discus and support Downloading to the D drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Truckeekid416, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Downloading to the D drive

I want to have my downloads go to my D drive rather than the C drive since I have more space available on the D drive. How do I change it on my computer? I have Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i5-9600 CPU @3.70Hz.

:)

Truckeekid416, Apr 3, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Downloading to the D drive

Not enough space on Recovery (DDownloading to the D drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DDownloading to the D drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Downloading to the D drive

1. Downloading to the D drive - Similar Threads - Downloading drive

2. Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11: Hello,I recently updated to windows 11 and now my TB harddrive separate from my C Drive that is internal is registered on my computer as D: but it says "No Media" and registers as being 0MB. I was wondering of any ways of fixing this problem as the device was previously...
  3. Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive malfunction upon download of Windows 11: Hello,I recently updated to windows 11 and now my TB harddrive separate from my C Drive that is internal is registered on my computer as D: but it says "No Media" and registers as being 0MB. I was wondering of any ways of fixing this problem as the device was previously...
  4. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver": I formatted the notebook and it didn't come with the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver" and it doesn't show the battery percentage. I tried several methods but it didn't work, I'm wanting to download this Drive to be able to solve this problem. Support can't...
  5. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver": I formatted the notebook and it didn't come with the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver" and it doesn't show the battery percentage. I tried several methods but it didn't work, I'm wanting to download this Drive to be able to solve this problem. Support can't...
  6. How to download the drive "Microsoft ACPI Control Method Battery Driver"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  8. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive: I was clearing space on my Google drive and downloaded some Files To An external Drive Then my Main drive lost About 600Mb and I when i delete something i lose Space again...
  9. I Lose storage Space on my Main drive even though i only downloaded on my External drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - lost download files when moving drive location: Win 11, I moved my download file location from C:\Users\Trader Account\Downloads to D:\Download without saving files when moving them. When I transferred the download location to D drive, I did not click on "Yes" move the current files in the downloads. As results, I lost the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloading to d drive on windows