Windows 10: Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool

Discus and support Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am in the process of downloading with the choice 'for another computer' and using a USB flash. At the last minute I put a label (Win10-1511)on that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rose W, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Rose W Win User

Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool

I am in the process of downloading with the choice 'for another computer' and using a USB flash.
    At the last minute I put a label (Win10-1511)on that flash drive which did show up as the drive of choice.
    The actual download files are landing in the root of C:\ on this desktop ather than going directly to the 32GB usb drive plugged into a usb2 port.
    Is this the normal routine?
    If it is not routine can these files be moved from C: to the USB drive and be usable?

The reason I chose this type of download is that my internet connection to a local tower was intermittent yesterday and the connection stopped while downloading to a laptop through Windows Update at the 98% point. That was an all day download aborted. The process had to be started all over again at 7p.m. The update completed at 3.30 A.M......successfully.
    I thought I could circumvent the internet connection if I had a type of hard copy.

:)

Rose W, Nov 17, 2015

2. Trojan:Win64/patched.az.gen!dll HELP

How is one supposed to visit the site you mention and download the tools if the Trojan has blocked internet access? Is there a way to do this via USB flash drive?

AdolfoNunez, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Nokia E5 restarting again and again

Normally, you do this via the
    Software Recovery Tool
    via a Windows computer and a Micro-USB cable. However, that tool needs a working phone because it is not able to do ‘Dead phone USB flashing’ – at least not with a Symbian/S60 like your Nokia E5 as some other tools do. That tool requires
    a Symbian/S60 which starts-up correctly. Therefore, did you try the 3-button format already?

Abi99 (2), Nov 17, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

5. Rose W Win User
    I allowed this download to complete. At the end the process moves the files from the hard drive to the usb drive. Although there is a message that clean up actions are to take place the two folders are left behind and subfolders. Contents only in the Panther subfolder folder.

The USB flash drive I'm using happens to have a 'flashing' light when it is active. As these files were moved onto the stick it began flashing so I opened Q-Dir (an explorer 4 pane view alternate) and watched the files move from C to the J flash drive.

Rose

Rose W, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Downloading to USB flash via MSMedia Tool - Similar Threads - Downloading USB flash

2. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool: Windows USB/DVD Download Tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-usbdvd-download-tool/c26e9b79-eb82-4147-ae10-80afa14a4eb4
  3. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool: Windows USB/DVD Download Tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-usbdvd-download-tool/d040db8c-5f41-46d3-bd74-188f04b9754a
  4. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool: Windows USB/DVD Download Tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-usbdvd-download-tool/c26e9b79-eb82-4147-ae10-80afa14a4eb4
  5. Windows USB/DVD Download Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows USB/DVD Download Tool: Windows USB/DVD Download Tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-usbdvd-download-tool/d040db8c-5f41-46d3-bd74-188f04b9754a
  6. Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool: Long story which I won't share, but obtained a laptop with OEM Win 8.1 home which I rescued for use as a backup machine. Lots of info on the web that says still can get a free upgrade to Win 10, which I'd prefer doing. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10...
  7. Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant download windows download tool on a new flash drive: Every time I try to download windows download tool on to a flashdrive that is empty and recently purchased, it keeps saying that i need to clear up more space in it even though it has 28gb free. I already changed the file system of it to NTFS but that didn't change anything....
  8. Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?

Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?: i need to rescue my un-bootable Win10 x64 1909 Dell Inspiron, and the only other computer I have is a locked-down work laptop. Thanx for any help in advance. D...
  9. Microsoft Creation Tool/USB Flash Drive

Microsoft Creation Tool/USB Flash Drive: So I used Microsoft Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 boot on a 235 GB Flash Drive. Reformatted the drive via Windows and after I only saw 32 GB usable and the remaining 205 GB of storage was unallocated. (couldn't use it) So, why did that happen? Anyway, I used...
  10. MSMedia Creation Tool Question

in Windows 10 Support
    MSMedia Creation Tool Question: Hello Can the MS Media Creation Tool (on a usb stick) be used to boot a pc on startup, simply, withot having to go thru the complete w10 re-install that is in the Tool ? Bob 99878