Windows 10: Downloading using utorrent

Discus and support Downloading using utorrent in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David312, May 7, 2021.

1. David312 Win User

Downloading using utorrent

When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering only when I'm using utorrent. I tried updating DHT but I can't because of flickering. When I press it nothing happens.

:)

David312, May 7, 2021

2. Utorrent Optimization

I've recently upgraded my FIBER internet speed to 195mbps download speed

I've been doing a lot of research and tweaking to improve my download speed in utorrent and would like to hear your opinion on the matter.

Food for thought:
    • Of course seed vs Leecher ratio affects speeds
    • Utorrent settings affect speeds and can be tweaked
    • I've got an "AC capable" router, a rather good one and a decent computer. Are utorrent speeds (I'm talking 15-20mb/s) affected by stuff like the router/network card in the computer ?
    • Does the utorrent port change anything at all? Should I be "port forwarding" in my router settings to improve speeds?
    • Is there a way to know whether my ISP is throttling my p2p traffic? I've read that they don't (my provider being BELL FIBE)
    • any other suggestions?

jonathan1107, May 7, 2021
  3. uTorrent

Hi!

I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent
    web in my PC.

khuzaimranawadia, May 7, 2021
  4. keakar Win User

Red light on utorrent 1.6.1

so to clear things up a little, are you trying to upload or download?

Utorrent sets up the firewall exceptions automatically for downloading but not uploading. if you want to upload and you need port forwarding connections, then Utorrent website gives you step by step setup instructions for every type router so look there.

you said that the message read:

"Not connectable. A firewall/router is limiting your nework traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you."

all this means is the connection is limited to downloading only

keakar, May 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Downloading using utorrent - Similar Threads - Downloading using utorrent

2. Downloading using utorrent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading using utorrent: When I open utorrent it says "connecting to peers" and also it's flickering so I'm having problems pressing some buttons on utorrent. It's flickering only when I'm using utorrent. I tried updating DHT but I can't because of flickering. When I press it nothing happens....
  3. Problem downloading uTorrent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem downloading uTorrent: Hi, I am unable to download uTorrent from the official site. My PC runs on windows 10, and after downloading uTorrent, when I run it, it shows a windows named 'Extracting', fills up to 100% and then vanishes and nothing happens. The setup wizard never opens. Please help...
  4. uTorrent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uTorrent: Hi! I've been trying to install uTorrent but it just crashes at the final step of installation. I've never encountered this problem before and I think it is happening because I tried to install uTorrent web. But also I was not able to find any traces of uTorrent web in my...
  5. BSOD when using uTorrent

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using uTorrent: Hi! I've read countless posts in countless forums since I downloaded Windows 10 like a half a year ago and this error started to happen, but I haven't yet found a solution. So - I am using HP ENVY 15, and after I upgraded to Windows 10 I started having an error, when...
  6. BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent

BSOD - Whille using Bittorrent/Utorrent: Hello, I am getting BSODs specifically whenever I use Bit-torrent/U-torrent. I didn't have this issue previously until now and I really have no idea how to fix this! Please help and thanks so much in advance. Here's my dump files. Ray 27171
  7. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hi All, I am getting the BSOD of when using uTorrent, I have tried another program and the same issue occurs. Debug files are attached. Hope someone can help! Thanks Attachment 46253 28699
  8. BSOD playing LoL and uTorrent downloading

BSOD playing LoL and uTorrent downloading: Hello Guys, I'm having some BSODs when downloading using utorrent and playing League of Legends (1 time only) with same message. DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL(L1C63x64.sys) Attachment 33402 Can someone help me? Thanks. 18612
  9. BSOD when using utorrent

BSOD when using utorrent: Hi All, New to the forum. Hoping you guys can help me out. I only have this issue it seems when utorrent is downloading files. My webroot expired so I switched to Avast since funds are tight for the moment. I tried Avira but switched off that as well. Other than that, only...
  10. BSOD while using uTorrent

BSOD while using uTorrent: Hello people, Every time I use uTorrent, I get a BSOD saying "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This happens ONLY when I use uTorrent. According to Ma-Config (Ma-Config), all my drivers are up to date. I have checked the dmp file with BlueScreenView, however that...