Windows 10: downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection

Discus and support downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; good morning, I am attempting to download " webroot " anti-virus protection, the tech suggested that I purchase additional firewall protection. Is this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by #joerogan, Jan 26, 2021.

1. #joerogan Win User

downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection

good morning, I am attempting to download " webroot " anti-virus protection, the tech suggested that I purchase additional firewall protection. Is this standard practice ?

:)

#joerogan, Jan 26, 2021
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. techguy31 Win User
    Do I need virus protection?

Alright so I recently built a comp. rig and just wondered all I was going to do with the computer is watch movies and surf youtube. Do I really need a virus protection. If I download AVG free do I have to download windows defender? I also have zone alarm suite security with firewall and virus protection. I just wondered if I really needed a virus protection and firewall blocker. Can there be viruses on movie files or music files. All my movie files and music files work it's just that I wondered if it was possible to have a virus in the movie or music file.
    Thx... just want to keep my expensive rig virus free.
    On a side note I am using ssd to run my operating system if people are saying zonealarm will slow the computer down.

techguy31, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Val456 Win User

Additional Virus protection

Do I need to have additional virus protection eg McAfee. I was told windows had this built in as well as anti spam.

Val456, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. downloading virus protection program, suggest additional firewall protection - Similar Threads - downloading virus protection

2. Virus protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus protection?: Does Windows 11 have Virus,etc. built in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-protection/0ddc6334-a40c-4cdd-a008-6f9d0c6c32bb
  3. Should I get additional firewall protection besides windows firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Should I get additional firewall protection besides windows firewall?: Should I get additional firewall protection besides windows firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/should-i-get-additional-firewall-protection/9d9dcfa4-e4c1-44f5-8f64-e76ee99f1f39
  4. using additional virus protection with s mode

using additional virus protection with s mode: What anti virus program can I install on this windows computer that has S mode for additional protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-additional-virus-protection-with-s-mode/1c4ae55a-48af-408d-800e-36caee5a9d29
  5. Additional Virus protection

Additional Virus protection: Do I need to have additional virus protection eg McAfee. I was told windows had this built in as well as anti spam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/additional-virus-protection/bb7a56d0-b0dd-4dce-a2bc-74763847b1c2
  6. Virus protection

Virus protection: What does this mean? "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-protection/e87afec2-f08b-4ae5-aa82-d07138fa0d27
  7. McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    McAffee Anti-Virus Protection and Firewall: When I turn my computer on, a warning says McAfee Virus Protection & Firewall have been turned off. I turn them back on but something is turning them off again. What's causing this?...
  8. firewall protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    firewall protection: I cannot get online because of a privacy error. I've tried switching the public network settings but there is no on off switch. send help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-protection/cadbf466-b365-4846-8c28-cac5cc687e14
  9. virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer

virus delete and firewall protect this personal computer: Stop viruses, spyware, ransomware & other malware Block unsafe links, downloads, & email attachments Scan for PC performance problems Get real time-security updates...
  10. Data Protection or Virus Protection?

in Windows 10 News
    Data Protection or Virus Protection?: How many private users read long and drawn-out privacy policies when buying or installing software anyway? Especially when it comes to security software. After all, these programs promise not only protection from cyberattacks but also greater privacy. The data experts of...