Windows 10: Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair

Discus and support Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings: Re: Dimensions E521The computer broke down and the motherboard and power supply were replaced. It is back up to the extent of trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertSukovich, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair

Greetings: Re: Dimensions E521The computer broke down and the motherboard and power supply were replaced. It is back up to the extent of trying to re-install Windows 10 from a USB device. We can get it to the point of : Invalid partition table which I understand has to do with upgrading the version of the BIOS. I have successfully downloaded the last version from Dell and proceeded to install in on the USB device and then I am met with "running on an unsupported system. Is that it?

:)

RobertSukovich, Oct 13, 2021
  2. jasestew Win User

dimension e521 and windows 10

hi there. I was wondering if anyone has successfully installed windows 10 on dell dimension e521. the windows 10 app says it cannot be installed because the Nvidia Ge Force 6150 LE isn't compatible with windows 10. can anyone help me out with this?

Regards,

Jase.

jasestew, Oct 14, 2021
  3. dimension e521 and windows 10

I just recently upgraded our family Dell E521 PC to Windows 10 Pro - works pretty well.

1 issue though:

The onboard ati x1300 graphics card is not compatible. I tried the amd site too, no luck their too. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the operating system by default switched to the motherboards internal graphics card and the driver shows up as 'Microsoft
    basic display adapter'. This is all configured automatically when upgrading or installing Windows 10.

The bottom line:

It's not a big deal for our family, as this PC is primarily used for kids study, emailing, watching videos, the usual stuff. I guess if you are a gamer demanding power in graphics (or for high end multimedia usage), then I would double check before upgrading.
    Also I should mention the MS basic display adapter resolution only maxes out to 1280x1024. Since we have a 17" monitor, the family is more than happy with that resolution.

Saas1980UK, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair

dimension e521 and windows 10

Hi, Jase.

Thank you for posting your query Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to find the best possible resolution to your problem.

As per your query, I would like you to know that if the Graphic card in question "Nvidia Ge Force 6150 LE" is not compatible then you will not be able to download windows 10.

For more information Please refer to the links below:

Link1: Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

Link2: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10 Installation

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683

Link 4: How to: A list of things to do if Windows 10 Setup fails.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...10-setup/eba3c864-d9fe-4f8e-9468-81b1f89473ed

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair

1. Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair - Similar Threads - Downloading Dimensions E521

2. Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Win 10 to Dimensions E521 after repair: Greetings: Re: Dimensions E521The computer broke down and the motherboard and power supply were replaced. It is back up to the extent of trying to re-install Windows 10 from a USB device. We can get it to the point of : Invalid partition table which I understand has to do...
  3. Windows 10 download after automatic repair error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 download after automatic repair error: I opened my laptop after 3 weeks not using it, then it didn’t boot windows and started the automatic repair protocol. After that, I tried most of the ways to repair it, but didn’t work, at last I chose to restart the laptop completely and delete all my personal files. It...
  4. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions: I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case. At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the original capture. Example done in Illustrator: https://imgur.com/a/MFyXNTr (original square to the left, screenshot to the...
  5. Paint dimensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Paint dimensions: Hello, I am having trouble copying pictures from word to paint without the picture shrinking in paint. I've already taken off the option for word to not compress my pictures and they still shrink and when I copy the picture back to word, it is in a smaller dimension, any help...
  6. win 10 boot repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 boot repair: how do I repair win 10 mbr https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-boot-repair/e036a4ec-e12f-4ae0-a7fb-c16e8ec68d1b
  7. Win 10 Repair Not Working

Win 10 Repair Not Working: I am attempting to perform a Win 10 repair. I ran setup.exe from my original Win 10 installation DVD but cannot select to keep files and apps and get the message: "you can't keep windows settings, personal files, and apps because your current version of windows might be...
  8. Returning to win 10 after repair

Returning to win 10 after repair: Have a 2 year old Dell XPS laptop that I sent in for repair. It needed a new screen and motherboard repair. The original machine had 8.1 and I immediately upgraded to win 10. Dell returned machine with 8.1 and to me to activate 10. That is not working so I started a download...
  9. WIN 10 Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN 10 Repair: Is there a win 10 repair download that is good and cheap? 72399
  10. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...