Windows 10: Downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft.

Discus and support Downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am about to build two new AMD Ryzen 5 based desktops, one for me, one for my wife. The MoBo I am using requires Win 10, so I guess I am going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ctsurv553, Apr 9, 2020.

1. ctsurv553 Win User

Downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft.

I am about to build two new AMD Ryzen 5 based desktops, one for me, one for my wife. The MoBo I am using requires Win 10, so I guess I am going to finally be forced to with great reluctance abandon Win 7. All of the 20+PC's I've built since the late 80's had their OS's installed from a CD or a DVD, but it looks like that's no longer an option, and it's only distributed as a download or on a flash drive. I don't trust flash drives, as I have had too many of them be "DOA" right out of the package, so I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft, but I have a question about it: Is there a way to determine what the CRC checksum of the source file on Microsoft's server was, against the checksum of the file I ended up with when the download completed, so that I can be sure that what I am installing doesn't have some corruption buried in it? I have a copy of Rufus, so I am prepared to transfer the ISO file to a thumb drive. I am also unsure if the file I downloaded was a "full" version, meant for a clean install on a new machine, or an "upgrade" for a machine that already has Win 7 on it. Is there a way, looking at the ISO file, to tell what version it is, or is there only one version of this ISO file and it's good for either an upgrade or a clean install? Thanks!

:)

ctsurv553, Apr 9, 2020

2. Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Apr 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 9, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone : No link for 17134.5?

The April 2018 Update will be available as a free download beginning Monday, April 30.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...-of-your-time-with-the-new-windows-10-update/

According to this link and whether or not these have been Insider Preview Builds as @FordGT90Concept contends, I found this link: [Changelog] What's New in Windows 10 April 2018 Update (Version 1803) - AskVG

Windows 10 Build 10.0.17134 Changelog:​Build 17134 was the 23rd Insider Preview build of Windows 10 released after Fall Creators Update. It was released on April 16, 2018. This new build arrived via new "RS4" (RedStone4) development branch.
    • Bug fixes and general improvements

jsfitz54, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Downloading Windows 10 from Microsoft. - Similar Threads - Downloading Microsoft

2. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  3. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86: So I've been trying to download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86 and x64 as its a required to download a game on EA, I cannot finish downloading it because I don't have it. I've tried downloading all versions including the most up to date one, but for...
  4. Problem downloading Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x86

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  6. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

can't download or find apps in microsoft store: I want to download an app called "Ready for Assistant" from Lenovo/moto company, but I can't seem to find it. I also followed a link to that app which opens the store but still doesn't get me to the install page, it behaves like it never existed. I've tried this with...
  7. can't download or find apps in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. There are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the...: Hello, I am a new user of Windows. If I ever have to re-install or download Windows due to a any problem in future.How will I do it? Because as I can see there are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the difference between them? And in...
  9. There are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the...

There are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the...: Hello, I am a new user of Windows. If I ever have to re-install or download Windows due to a any problem in future.How will I do it? Because as I can see there are 3 options for Windows 11 download on Microsoft's official website. What is the difference between them? And in...
  10. Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Download Symbol Files Package After Microsoft Store Certification for Win UI 3...: Hello,I am encountering an issue with packaging my Win UI 3 application for submission to the Microsoft Store. After successfully certifying my application on the Microsoft Store, I expected to have the option to download the symbol files package. However, I am unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downlaod windows 10 for microsoft