Windows 10: Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

Discus and support Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I bought a product key for the home edition of windows, but for some reason when I run the installation media I never get an option to choose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremiah Schley, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

So I bought a product key for the home edition of windows, but for some reason when I run the installation media I never get an option to choose the home edition. It always defaults to Pro. How can I download onto a USB the Home edition of windows so I can put it on my computer? I currently have the PRO edition on my computer and I understand I will have to reset my computer and redownload the whole operating system but before I do that I want to be sure I have the HOME version ready.

:)

Jeremiah Schley, Mar 1, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2023
  4. Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

1. Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition - Similar Threads - Downloading HOME Edition

2. Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition: So I bought a product key for the home edition of windows, but for some reason when I run the installation media I never get an option to choose the home edition. It always defaults to Pro. How can I download onto a USB the Home edition of windows so I can put it on my...
  3. Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading Windows 10 HOME Edition: So I bought a product key for the home edition of windows, but for some reason when I run the installation media I never get an option to choose the home edition. It always defaults to Pro. How can I download onto a USB the Home edition of windows so I can put it on my...
  4. how to download windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to download windows 10 home edition: hello i wanted to ask how to download windows 10 home edition. 3 years ago i brought a dell inspion 153567 which had orignal windows 10 home.and after a few month my system cashed ans lost windows. when i take it to repair,they told me that need to add other windows so they...
  5. how to download windows 10 home edition

how to download windows 10 home edition: hello i wanted to ask how to download windows 10 home edition. 3 years ago i brought a dell inspion 153567 which had orignal windows 10 home.and after a few month my system cashed ans lost windows. when i take it to repair,they told me that need to add other windows so they...
  6. Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.: Home screen displays " Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate windows." When I attempt to activate and troubleshoot the issue, I receive the error "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license,...
  7. Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.

Windows 10 Home Edition Download and Instructions.: Home screen displays " Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate windows." When I attempt to activate and troubleshoot the issue, I receive the error "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Pro. To activate using this digital license,...
  8. windows 10 home single edition download

windows 10 home single edition download: windows 10 media create tool has only windows 10 home, how to download windows 10 home single language edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-single-edition-download/7a99d586-f47b-436a-9997-4853a53471ea
  9. Windows 10 Home Edition download

Windows 10 Home Edition download: I have been downloading Windows 10 Home,from a USB download I got from your site, for about seven hours...rebooting and rebooting and downloading ever more data to my hard drive. It has consumed over 240GB of my 500GB hard drive...so far. Can you tell me what is going on?...
  10. Windows 10 Home Edition block downloads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home Edition block downloads: Hi, I have Windows 10 Home edition on my sons laptop and trying to prevent him from doing downloads such as software and games. He has a standard account but I cant find any way to prevent these downloads from occurring. I have seen many ways of doing this in registry etc...