Windows 10: Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive

Discus and support Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My grandson has an HP Pavillion 23A10PC with serial number and product code details that operated from a 64 bit Windows 10. How does he get to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelPatterson4, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive

My grandson has an HP Pavillion 23A10PC with serial number and product code details that operated from a 64 bit Windows 10.

How does he get to download a replacement OS and install it?

:)

MichaelPatterson4, Jan 27, 2019
  2. little cat, Jan 27, 2019
  3. how to get windows 10 licensed OS in replaced hard drive

two years back i had purchased HP notebook with windows 8.1 and upgraded to windows 10.unfortunately my hard drive has smart check error and i contacted HP care,they suggested me to replace hard drive(warranty expired),then previously i have purchased along
    with original windows OS,if i order new hard drive to replace the damaged hard drive how can i get my original OS.i have recovery media of windows 8.1 only how can i get windows 10.

please help me.

mohanchary, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

Dude, please stop bashing things you don't fully understand.

SFC is the first step, System File Checker. That can fix many issues using various flags and knowing the context, and is a first step when there is doubt about system integrity. This is a simple utility and using SFC /Scannow will be the most commonly used flagged command for initial repair diagnostics. Takes a few minutes and is worth doing to resolve issues. While it can repair many issues, there's also many it cannot. That's where the next step comes in should you need it.

DISM, or Deployment Image Servicing and Management, is the big gorilla in Windows OSes for repairs and image management. It has a wide variety of uses from image capture and deploy to repair.

The common command for DISM was DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth,

Just running this can result in a system being repaired, but since the launch of Windows 10, the image check has become more complicated, requiring you have the Install.WIM file available for the OS version you're trying to repair. This is relatively, though with Microsoft's deployment of Windows 10, most ISO's you get from them have an Install.ESD that must be converted to a .WIM file. Pretty easy to do with a command in CLI or Powershell.

I typed up an article about this in the past...I'll go ahead and share it here for a series of steps a person could take to repair OS corruptions in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. It's not hard to do, but takes some attention to detail, being able to handle command line (which is easy), and a little patience.

I've personally fixed/repaired dozens if not hundreds of systems with these utilities, because simply... THEY WORK. How do I know? Because I'm a systems and network professional that has to manage 100s of Windows PCs ranging from XP to 10, and where we can use these utilities to repair corruption, we save a ton of time. My technicians, bench guys and engineers all know and use the hell out of these utilities.

I find it hard to accept your statement above as something acceptable to even say here, it clearly shows your lack of experience with using the repair utilities SFC and DISM correctly or looking into what the failures were and how to fix them appropriately. Nor is that kind of crap even what TPU is or has ever really been about, and being such a long time member I would have expected you know that...though you've always been that way so maybe it's just habitual...surely not helpful to anyone else participating in this thread, or even yourself.

The OS is literally telling you what is wrong and where it's keeping the information so you can look into it further, that's not whining, that's stating facts. Nice try though. If you don't want to learn how to fix OS corruption, don't blame the OS or tools, blame yourself and shut up about it, and don't bitch about the OS utilities whining...LOL, because in reality wouldn't your bitching mean you're whining??? *Slap :slap:

So knock that shit off and let's fix the issues instead k? *Wink Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive ;)

Kursah, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive

1. Downloading Windows 10 OS after a replacement hard drive - Similar Threads - Downloading replacement hard

2. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  3. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive: I am going to be replacing my hard drive with a new drive soon, and it will be the only piece of hardware that I am changing in my computer. My question is can I reinstall windows 10 pro on the new drive without the product key? I looked everywhere but I can't find my...
  4. Reactivate windows 10 after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will not hibernate after replacing hard drive: Hello!I recently put in a new hard drive, and, since then, Windows 10 will no longer hibernate. It shuts down, instead, and I lose whatever was open at the time. By "lose" I don't mean I've lost data, I mean I forget what I had open and was working on! I recall my last laptop...
  6. Activation after replacing hard drive

Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  7. Windows activation after hard drive replacement

Windows activation after hard drive replacement: Hello, I had to replace a faulty hard drive on my HP laptop that was shipped with OEM windows 8 home version which was later upgraded to windows 10. After reinstalling the windows home, it is now asking to activate windows fails to get activated automatically. I am able to...
  8. Windows 10 Installation media after replaceing hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Installation media after replaceing hard drive?: What are the steps on how I use Windows 10 Installation media on a USB drive, after replaceing hard drive on PC. with MBR error 1- insert floppy disc? I can get into boot menue F12 but am not clear on how to select that USB to try and boot from? thanks for any advice. novice...
  9. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  10. Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing windows 10 after hard drive crash: Will this require purchase of a new windows 10 licence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/replacing-windows-10-after-hard-drive-crash/bacebd6e-566e-49fa-85e7-8b0846fc08af