Windows 10: Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac

Discus and support Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’m currently trying to switch my macbook air to windows 10 for a bit, and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out what the issue is. I’ve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TaylorMatusik, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac

I’m currently trying to switch my macbook air to windows 10 for a bit, and I’m having a hard time trying to figure out what the issue is.

I’ve downloaded the Windows 10 Disc Image file -64- After April 2020 Update and I have a USB drive that has available capacity of 30GB. I’m stumped on why whenever I try to proceed with Bootcamp it goes to erase everything and states theres not enough room on the disk.

Do I need a 32GB exact or higher? I’m not quite sure what’s going on!

:)

TaylorMatusik, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac

1. Downloading Windows 10 to a Mac - Similar Threads - Downloading Mac

2. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  3. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac: Hi! So- last night my keyboard would not stop typing zeroes. I think- It's busted, so I unplug go to bed and order a new one. This morning I wake up to the BSOD- critical process died. Ran chkdsk- it found errors and fixed. It won't run SC scan or DISM scan. Tried...
  4. A media driver your computer needs is missing- installing ISO that was downloaded a Mac

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac: I think I must be going mad here. This is a support chat I just had with a support engineer when trying to do something as simple as downloading the Windows .ISO disc image file to my Mac. Not installing it. Literally just downloading the...
  6. Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac

Going mad with customer support downloading Windows ISO on a Mac: I think I must be going mad here. This is a support chat I just had with a support engineer when trying to do something as simple as downloading the Windows .ISO disc image file to my Mac. Not installing it. Literally just downloading the...
  7. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  8. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  9. Slow download speeds on certain websites on PC, not Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speeds on certain websites on PC, not Mac: Hi guys, I've never come across this type of thing before and I'm about out of ideas, so I hope you guys can help.PC in question: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/andrewsciba/saved/KQHn6h -- I connect to a NAS with the QNAP network card Internet: 240/40 mpbs. Wired connection....
  10. Slow download speeds on certain websites on PC, not Mac

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speeds on certain websites on PC, not Mac: Hi guys, I've never come across this type of thing before and I'm about out of ideas, so I hope you guys can help.PC in question: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/andrewsciba/saved/KQHn6h -- I connect to a NAS with the QNAP network card Internet: 240/40 mpbs. Wired connection....